Corporate Exchange email not working with SD card
LEO_DELAFUENTE

I have a Moto G6. I set up my corporate email account with Active Exchange. I had to remove the SD card (set up as internal storage, supposedly encrypted) in order to do this at first, and it worked fine for a few hours after I re-introduced the SD card. But once the SD card is there it does not receive or sends any email - I tested this several times by removing the SD card and it works just fine, but the problem comes back as soon as I re-introduce the SD card. Anyone knows how to fix this? I appreciate your help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Corporate Exchange email not working with SD card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working email is an important part of today’s smartphones, LEO_DELAFUENTE. You’ve done some great work in troubleshooting already, and we’ll be glad to help you take the next step. You’re spot on about the SD card being encrypted, though your device should be reading it as “SD Card” or “External”, and not an extension of the internal memory.

From what you’ve stated, the phone itself has run just fine until you attempted to add the Active Exchange account. At that point, it became necessary to remove the SD card. Once that was done, things again went well, as did the Active Exchange email function.

The next step would be to back up all the information on the SD card, either by moving it to the internal memory http://spr.ly/6583DNPWf or by using a card reader to move the files to a computer. Once the information is backed up safely, reinsert the SD card into your device and format it http://spr.ly/6587DNPWh

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

George

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately it didn't work. Maybe I made a mistake,? I followed your instructions, after format the SD card I re started the phone. Then I formatted the card as internal in order to be encrypted. My email function ok for a few hours and then it went back to not functioning again. I appreciate if you could help me with this. Thanks a lot for your time

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if mail works without the card, why is the card necessary?

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

the card is intended for extra storage space. The phone has 32GB of storage, and after one week I am already above 50% capacity. It is not 'necessary' but it is a good help.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

use the card for pics, videos & music.

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

Even if I set the SD card as portable still interfere with email

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am committed to resolving this issue for you, LEO_DELAFUENTE. Let's check the basics first. Please try a different SD card and see if the issue continues. Chances are that your SD card is somehow corrupted. Keep us posted.

Antonio_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEO_DELAFUENTE

Antonio

thank you very much for your willingness to help. unfortunately I do not have other SD card. I will try to ask around if someone has one. Is there any test I can do to know if it is corrupted? the phone seems to recognize it with no problem, and either as 'portable" or "internal" both ways it saves data on it.

Looking in internet I see that other people had similar problems with their corporate email conflicting with SD cards.

I know that the issue with the card can be from manufacturing, but I bought the SD card brand new, put it in the phone that was also brand new. No problem in recognition or any other issue. the only problem is the conflcit with the corporate email. Other email (gmail, hotmail) work just fine.

thanks

Leo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear that you don't have another SD card to test this out with just yet. I can certainly understand the need for the extra storage with limited space available on the phone. Have you contacted your IT department or administrator in charge of your corporate email to find out if this may be intended? It's possible that the Active Exchange setup has placed limitations on the ability to use an SD card on your phone for security reasons. Also, have you tried deleting the email account from the phone and then setting it up again?  

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes