Considering turning phone in...
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I have til the 27th to return my Edge phone (droid turbo) and cancelling Edge.  Can I do this?

It will be within the 14 days.

Reason is, Although I have

data turned OFF, Verizons website shows every so many hours the phone is using data. Even though it's a very small amount, the idea it is still using

it with data off.   I have talked with several csr and nobody can give me a reason why it's doing this.  All I get is, if it's turned off it shouldn't be using

data. Or maybe your wifi disconnected. WRONG, I know for a FACT my wifi has not lost signal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Considering turning phone in...
mama23dogs
Legend

FYI....Verizon collects data usage every few hours.  That isn't usage.

i Happen to know AT&T collects data every 3 hours at night.  I don't know what Verizon schedule is.

Snn5
Legend

Most VZW phones use small amounts of data while data is off.  IDK how it does this and it does sound unethical of course.  I know my phone does this and keeps a portion of the data on to receive and send MMS.  You might find that data amount to creep up over time though.  I would think hard about keeping this plan.

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Thing is, when I had Galaxy S5, no problems. NOT until I got this Droid Turbo. Apparently the CSR are wrong for telling me that it shouldn't use data when it's off.  oh well, live and learn. 15 years with a company now down the drain. so be it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

So what.  I was 19 years with one carrier.

Im not saying stay.  It is likely you will find nothing was wrong with the phone or service.  But you have every right to find out.  You may find another carrier works better for you.  I did.  But I am willing to switch again.

0 Likes