Commando sensors dead at times and restarts over and over
dmmcallister26
Enthusiast - Level 2

In Dec my commando did an update which wasnt the gingerbread update. since then my phone hasnt worked right. All my sensors have stopped working unless i restart the phone but then they stop working after a bit. Due to the Prox sensor not working properly i drop calls all the time. And its restarts over and over about ever 20 min. Did a master reset and didnt help at all. Went to a verizon store and they said i had to go to a Corporate Store. Now I have to drive an hour out of my way to get to one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Commando sensors dead at times and restarts over and over
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello dmmcallister26

Wow that's not how the Commando should be responding. The problems you described are very upsetting. Let's get this resolved immediately and save you a trip.

What software version is on the Commando? To check the software version:

From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Settings
Touch About Phone

View Information under Baseband Version & Build Number

When you completed the master reset did any third party applications reload? Were there any anti-virus or task killer applications loaded on the device? If so please remove and retest.

Please Let me know the answers to these questions. So we can get this resolved quickly.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dmmcallister26
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had anti-virus and task killer apps at one point but didnt like how they slowed down the phone so i got rid of those a while ago. The only third party app i have now is Phone Tester which shows information about Sensors, WiFi, GPS, Battery, Multi-touch test, and System Info. Sensor test shows sensors are frozen. I did remove all apps and installed this one and havent had the opportunity to see if phone restarts anymore. However i had not changed or added any apps when this started. As of today and yesterday the Prox/light sensor has been working ok. Tilt, accel, and compass still do not work at all. Without restart my phone is stuck in sideways viewing.

Baseband Version = 1

Build Number = C771M080

Thanks

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Dmmcallister26

Thank you for troubleshooting with me today. Please ensure your contacts are backed up with Gmail or Backup assistant. Please try a hard reset on the device and retest. Here's a link to the hard reset:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42638&sayt=hard reset commando*

See if the device functions properly without any 3rd party applications. If not please send me a DM and we will further troubleshoot.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
armyofmunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine did the same thing and they had to send me a new phone. They said it could not be fixed at the store had to pull sim card out and battery and back and they sent me the phone only.

0 Likes
laurie5677

I have had nothing but problems with my phone.  The one I have now is number 2.  It works better than the first but not by much.  I get force closed all the time and out of the blue the phone freezes up and shuts down and restarts.  I am so displeased with this phone but my concerns have not been met with much empathy.  I have been a Verizon customer for years and this issue makes me want to go elsewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Laurie5677,

I'm sorry you are having issues with your phone and want to help resolve.

What phone do you have? Are specific apps foreclosing or is it random?

John B

0 Likes
lee47

I have a similar problem with my Casio Commando but it only randomly restarts when connected to wifi.  When not connected it doesn't restart and works fine. 

Model #: C771

Build Number: C771M110

Android Version: 2.3.3

I've done factory resets and I'm still having the problem.  Googled the issue and it seems to be an issue with this build and no answer if anyone is working on a fix for this issue that so many are having.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Larry

0 Likes