Re: Commando Facebook integration problem
jclark104
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well many of us were told that the facebook issue woulx be corrected in the next software update. I just updated and no change expect my power center buttons. What gives?
EWilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just updated as well, don't notice a difference at all.  No release notes were available that I can find on what this update did either.

I'll be calling tech support today about this, if I get any answers I'll update with what they tell me. Don't hold your breath though guys, it's probably going to be another step by step to make it fail, and tell me a future update will fix it.  Oh and they' probably wont have any idea about the update that we both installed yesterday.

drybone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any news on the next update? I would like to get the facebook integration working as well as the zoom for the camera.

ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Drybone, 

You are able to use the Facebook application on the phone, but it does not support facebook contact sync. 

Are you able to download and use Facebook? You should be able to.

The Social Beat application is your one stop shop for keeping with your social rhythm. Currently the following services are supported:Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and New.

1. Touch the Launcher icon on the Home screen. The Launcher opens.

2. Touch the Social Beat icon. Social Beat opens.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Thank you and have a good day!

D-Man21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I recently bought the Commando and I do have to say the Facebook sync to the contacts is bummer but none the less the phone is more than what I bargained for. I love it!!! Yes its software is not the best and needs some working I would still like VZW to still work on the Facebook Sync cause that was a great feature in my last phone (droid x) but yea. Really I don't really understand all the complaining the battery last for over 12 hours performs well. And does just about everything that I really need it to do. So it can't do some of the nicer features as other smartphones but yesterday while hiking I fell my Commando down the trail and in to a lake and about 2 to 3 feet deep, pulled it out and all the ports stayed closed and it worked as if nothing had happened to it. Had a cheap silicone case but that's it. gotta love and I hope they do make a Commando 2 next year with some upgrades in the software of course but thanks for my new phone and I love it. 

booyadan16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is that your way of saying that the problem is no longer being worked on? I wouldnt have bought the phone if I knew it was going to have so many problems. The Social Beat app doesnt help anyone with syncing contacts, I'm not sure why you brought that up... I just want a definite answer on if this issue is still being worked on and what the timeline for a fix is?

rebelnick90
This is bull i just got mine its now November and still not fixed what the carp vzw we need an answer ASAP I need one or I'm switching phone and telling everyone I see or hear talking about getting one not to its carp when a smart phone can't keep up with the rest thanks.
0 Likes