Commando Facebook integration problem
EWilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a Commando and have attempted to add my facebook account to the phone's account list - every time I try to add the account, the phone just goes back to the list of possible accounts to add to the phone.  (As in selecting the facebook account type to add, the screen goes to black and comes back to the same screen.)

Please help - if this doesn't work, the phone is going back to the store!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Commando Facebook integration problem
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Drybone, 

You are able to use the Facebook application on the phone, but it does not support facebook contact sync. 

Are you able to download and use Facebook? You should be able to.

The Social Beat application is your one stop shop for keeping with your social rhythm. Currently the following services are supported:Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, and New.

1. Touch the Launcher icon on the Home screen. The Launcher opens.

2. Touch the Social Beat icon. Social Beat opens.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Thank you and have a good day!

View solution in original post

vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.

We are aware of this issue.  Non-Verizon Wireless branded applications, such as Social Beat, cannot sync Facebook contacts.  Third party Facebook applications will also have the same issue.  We are working to resolve this application issue; hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

Thank you in advance for your patience. 

curlyfroman3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue and it is really frustrating.

please let us know as soon as this problem is resolved.

Thanks

EWilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's the status of this update?  Not having any FaceBook integration is getting really annoying.  If this isn't going to be fixed soon, customer service will be hearing from me to get this phone replaced with something else.  The sheer amount of junk installed, that cant be UNINSTALLED, on this phone is annoying.

I would really like to hear from Customer Support on this ASAP, prefer a call explaining why this is still not fixed.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried the Facebook application from the Market?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

EWilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

QUOTE: "We are aware of this issue.  Non-Verizon Wireless branded applications, such as Social Beat, cannot sync Facebook contacts.  Third party Facebook applications will also have the same issue."

I tried the Facebook App from the market well before contacting VZW's customer support.  There are multiple other issues with the phone's software, it won't charge when plugged in - other times it shows it is charging when no cable is plugged into it.  When you plug into a computer, it will ask if you want "Mass Storage, Media Sync, or Charge Only" - the phone crashes out and reboots on anything but Mass Storage.

Not applicable

Good Afternoon, EWilly!

I do apologize for the issues you've been having with your device. Please Contact Us directly so we can troubleshoot the issues you are having. 

The Facebook/Social Beat issue will be corrected in Casio's next software update. We have not been given an exact date yet.

Thank you!

EWilly
Enthusiast - Level 2
Is there some sort of approximate date casio plans on releasing an update? Month? 6 months? A year? Vzw isn't exactly known for timely android updates.
jclark104
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also like an update on this issue.  I bought this phone back in May and have been getting the runaround since.  Yeah, Facebook might seem like a small thing but it is a SMARTPHONE.  If I knew this was going to be an ongoing issue, I would have never bought this phone.  I am considering a new carrier at this point.

EWilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Come on Verizon support, stop giving us the cold shoulder and give us some answers on this phone.  It obviously has problems with the software, as alluded to by the VZW rep that replied.  Give us an update, or swap the phone for something different - after all, I and many others, have been told there will be a fix.  By the time we see a fix, our contracts will be up.  Give us an answer ON THIS FORUM without having to get individuals calling in and given the run around, all of us with these phones can then get the answer at the same time.