Re: Commando 4g "home key" setting
ecw
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
ecw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I could "pinch" the screen, and a "Set default home screen" display came up, with all five screens. I touched the screen I wanted as "home", which then opened.  Unfortunately when I double tap the home key, I still get the left most screen.

On a separate topic: does anyone know how to get access to these forums that allows login via phone?  I can see the forums on my phone but cannot login.  And when I try to replay to emails notifications, the resulting post is blank.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if your community login is tied to your MyVerizon account or if it is a community only? That can make a difference in the login.

Also are you trying to login via the mobile site or the full desktop version? If you are logged in via the desktop and the phone switches to the mobile site, you won't be logged in under the mobile site. This is a quirk of the Jive platform used for this forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ecw
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I determine if my "community login" is tied to my MyVerizon account or if it is a community only?

I have been borrowing a friends Mac to access the forums and am logging out each time.  I am not trying to access the site at the same time with the phone.

And my hone key/home screen issue still is not fixed. ;-(

I have restarted, turned it off, and taken the battery out.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you describe how you are accessing the site with the computer?

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions at the moment for the home screen issue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ecw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I login using the computer I start by going to "https://community.verizonwireless.com/welcome", clicking on "Sign In / Register".  I then follow the "Two step system".

First my phone number (at https://community.verizonwireless.com/login.jspa) then my password on a second screen (https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login).

I did notice that the user name I have for the forums ("ecw") does not work for the login.

When trying to login to forums on my phone I have tried using my user name (ecw) and my phone number. Neither work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That sounds like the login that is tied to your MyVerizon account. The mobile site only works on the community only login. For example I have a community only ID and my login process is quite different.

Can you try forcing the browser to display the desktop version of the site?

0 Likes
ecw
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot find a link on the phone that leads me to the desktop version.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is usually in the browser settings. You won't find it on the website itself.

Are using the pre-installed browser or Chrome. Chrome has a check box to force the desktop site.

0 Likes
ecw
Enthusiast - Level 3

That worked. Thank you.

Now if home key/home screen issue can be fixed, all will be good.

0 Likes