Chirping sound while on a call
LRGDC

Am I being bugged? Every so often, while I'm on a call, I hear a barely audible chirping sound that sounds like a small bird at least once during the call.  I don't understand why this happens.  Is this a phone issue, service provider issue, a constitutional rights issue, or am I just being paranoid?  I'm just trying to understand why this happens.  Not often, but enough to be disconcerting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Chirping sound while on a call
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could it be call waiting?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LRGDC

No. Call waiting is a double tone. I tested out your theory to confirm.  I received a call and after calling myself from my office phone while on the call, I heard that darn chirping sound, after confirming the double tone, after disconnecting my own call to myself, but still on the line with the caller.  Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you on a prepaid account? One thing it could be is the minute counter with prepaid plans. Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LRGDC

Thanks, but no. On a monthly paid family plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that sound could definitely interfere with a call, LRGDC. Let's take a closer look. What make and model phone do you have? Did you notice this started after any changes you made with the phone? For example, new software, new apps, new Bluetooth, etc.?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
donahue911

My BBU started chirping, but only while i am on calls.  Currently on a conference call and it chirps about once a minute.  How to fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

donahue911, making sure that your calls are not interrupted with unknown sounds is important. I know I would be equally concerned, and would like to help.

I'd like to gather some details to help pinpoint the chirping sound. What is your make and model device (we cannot locate a BBU in our phone lineup)? When did this issue first start? What software version are you running on the device?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Omf

It happens while only on HD High Definition calls. How can we turn off High Definition feature. All calls to non-HD phones are good.

0 Likes