Charging issues Samsung Stratosphere
OGB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brand new Samsung Stratosphere, The phone says and indicates that the battery needs charging (28%). I plug in the charger that came with the phone and as soon as I plug the phone in the phone says and indicates that the battery is fully charged and to unplug the charger.I'm taking the phone back to Verizon tomorrow, is there anything I can try in the meantime. The Verizon store activated the phone for me.  Also should I power down the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charging issues Samsung Stratosphere
OGB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turn my phone off and the it started to charge, then I turned the phone back on and it took a full charge and it seems to be ok now, hopefully a one time problem??

View solution in original post

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried a different charger? Verizon store will probably swap the battery to see if thats an issue. If they try to make you pay for it, remember the battery has a one year warranty on it too.

0 Likes
spikiemom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having charging issues. This phone will not charge when it is in the case that I bought. I have to remove it from the case. At first I didn't know what the problem was because I would plug it into the charger and after 6 hours and it saying it was fully charged, I would unplug it and it was not charged. This is weird. I only have this phone a week. I already brought one back and they gave me another one. Plus they told me the case was too tight so they switched cases. Still didn't work. So now I have to take the case off to charge it. What a pain in the neck!

0 Likes
OGB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turn my phone off and the it started to charge, then I turned the phone back on and it took a full charge and it seems to be ok now, hopefully a one time problem??

0 Likes
cjlmoss

Considering this is only a couple of days after you first experienced the problem, you can probably expect it to come back in the near future.

I had a similar problem (and was using the OEM charger) and a reboot did the trick a few times.  But now the battery won't charge beyond 8%.  Looking at different forums on the Internet, it would also appear that I'm not an isolated problem and there really isn't a "fix" other than replacing the phone itself.

0 Likes
OGB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I hope not, but if it does I will post again. I'm on my 3rd successful charge now.

0 Likes
spikiemom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just brought the phone back and they gave me another one. They told me they never heard of this problem before. This phone seems to be charging so far.

0 Likes
RainbowCane

I also am having issues charging the phone. I charged it most of last night and it only charged to maybe 20%.

I am attempting to charge it now via USB in a PC.

0 Likes