Changes to contact list
Gregg2195

My contact list got added to last night, presumably by wifi from my laptop, where some of the contacts are archived. Contacts added included people who have been dead for 5 years. How do I keep my phone contact list pristine without changes being made without my permission?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changes to contact list
Snn5
Legend

This process would depend on which service you use to back up contacts:  Google, Verizon, other

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This process would depend on which service you use to back up contacts:  Google, Verizon, other

0 Likes
Gregg2195

Hi there

My contacts on my laptop are in Outlook.

I have no idea if my android contact list is backup up....I presume with Verizon as I do not do anything with Google that I know of.

This is my first experience in 10 years with a smartphone.....I had an Apple back then and hated it. I love the LG G3, but this is the first really weird thing to happen

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Looks like you might have had an old contact list on a device that hadn't synced in a long while maybe.  I have found it best to edit contacts online, like a Live.com browser window on PC and then let each device sync to it.  Usually, editing from the phone will sync correctly, but sometimes programs sync new info or missing info but don't really delete info.

0 Likes