Changed my phone number yesterday, now I'm getting weird messages?
STEMOR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I changed my number, every time I am trying to text my girlfriend, it always converts to a group message with her, myself and my old phone number. She isn't receiving half of my message either. Sometimes they'll go through later and most get lost. I won't get most of hers either. But for some reason I am able to text all of my other friends/family with no problems! I was thinking of backing my apps and content to the Verizon cloud and factory resetting but I am skeptical it's even my phone. Though, this only started happening after I changed my number.

Labels (1)
Re: Changed my phone number yesterday, now I am in a group message with my new number, old number and my girlfriend. She isn't receiving half of my messages either.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEMOR42,

I certainly understand your concern with messaging your girlfriend. I would be concerned as well. What make and model phone do you have? Have you tried to delete her current number and the ensured the old number was not in your phone?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Changed my phone number yesterday, now I am in a group message with my new number, old number and my girlfriend. She isn't receiving half of my messages either.
STEMOR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Working with a Samsung Galaxy Note 8

0 Likes
STEMOR42
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's my old number that is still showing up in a group text. Along with my new number which I am messaging with and her number. Almost like my new number is connected with my old number and sending her 2 numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get down to the bottom of this for you. Have you deleted the group message that shows your old number, new number, and her number? If you haven’t done so please do and have your girlfriend do so as well. Once that has been done you try to compose a message to her and see if it goes through.

TionnaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEMOR42, this is an odd behavior for your texts. What messaging application are you using? Does this happen if she starts the conversation?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LAUKIA52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same problem, but only with 2 contacts. I've done everything I canthink of to change my settings. could it be something on their end?

Barr1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem as well. It's happening with most of my contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barr1313, I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with messaging after a phone number change. We'll figure out what's going on and fix it. What kind of device are you using? Have you tried deleting the old conversations you've had with your contacts? Are you having any problems with calls or your data?

Jesus_VZW

0 Likes
Barr1313
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8. All of my apps are updated. I have deleted all conversations and even had the other people delete our old text threads. Still, even if they start the conversation, it has my old number attached to it when I receive the text.

0 Likes