Cannot disable Backup Assistant Plus
alyceel

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Stellar.  I want to disable BA+, but am not able to do so.  I know I have the free 550 mb Cloud storage, but I cannot figure out how to diable that in my Change Features section of my online account.

On my phone, I go to Settings>Backup Assistant Plus and the only information I see is "What would you like to backup?"  Contacts is checked and when I try to remove the check I get an Error message which says "There was a communication error" and all I can do is click OK.  The only other information on this screen is a button for Setup media backup and Backup History.

I am so tired of this trying to sync constantly.  I know it is sapping my battery.

Can someone please help with my dilemma?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot disable Backup Assistant Plus
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see this thread?

0 Likes
alyceel

I am not able to Force Stop, Clear Cache, Clear Data as those options to not appear on my BA+ screen. 

I also cannot find Sync Services anywhere on my Settings page.

I'm stumped.

0 Likes
alyceel

I decided to check my Verizon account again when I realized I was trying to change my BA+ status on my line.  My husband has the main line, so I switched to his line.  I was able to click off BA+ and am hopeful this will stop the repeated backup attempts.  I will give the system a day to cycle through and see if that solved my problem.

If not, I will return with an update.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

BA+ should be line-dependent, i.e., if you turned off BA+ on your husband's line, that won't affect BA+ on your line/phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try going to settings > application manager > all

and see if Sync Services is there.  That's also where you should find BA+ and be able to Clear Cache/Clear Data/Force Stop.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are you wanting to sync your Contacts.?  An alternative way is with Google this the Way i have mine set up..you might try that method instead..  b33

0 Likes
alyceel

So excited.  Your reply helped me realized I was only looking at my DOWNLOADED app and not ALL apps.  When I swiped the screen and saw the All tab, I was able to find BA+ and Sync Services.  I disabled both and I think that will solve my problem.

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Likes
alyceel

My contacts were synced at the store when I bought my phone, so that wasn't my problem.  I had a problem with BA+ trying to sync all the time and using my battery.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome 

0 Likes