Can you add SIM memory by swapping out the 16 for a 32GB card? How?
Ted426

Verizon advertises a 32GB Motorola Droid MAXX but it's not offered.  Seems possible to copy the contents of the 16GB micro card to a 32GB card but thought I'd check to be sure that the Droid can read a 32, and would this void the warranty?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you add SIM memory by swapping out the 16 for a 32GB card? How?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is behind the volume keys and it only used for making the connection to the Verizon Wireless network. It is NOT the internal memory of the device. The internal 16 GB memory is non-removable and can't be changed.

A SD card is not a SIM card.

Also the 2 GB is the RAM memory and is separate from the internal memory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

I think you are right.  The Droid Maxx is suppose to come with 32GB of internal memory and the Ultra comes with 16GB.  I'm not exactly sure what you mean about switching out the memory. The only thing your SIM card will do for you is identify you and your phone on the Verizon network, and it will hold up to 250 contacts.  The Droid Maxx does not have a removable external SD card.  So to expand  your memory from 16GB to 32GB it sounds like you are considering opening up your device and dissecting it to boost its internal memory. 

Yes. This would void your warranty. 

0 Likes
Ted426

Thank you for your response.  To be clearer on "swapping" memory, the phone specs with 2 GB internal and 16GB SIMM card which slides out with the volume keys.  Pretty cool engineering-so asking about whether I could copy info off the 16GB micro card to a 32Gb micro (but the card looks different than a micro card)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is behind the volume keys and it only used for making the connection to the Verizon Wireless network. It is NOT the internal memory of the device. The internal 16 GB memory is non-removable and can't be changed.

A SD card is not a SIM card.

Also the 2 GB is the RAM memory and is separate from the internal memory.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ted426

Thanks-you both were right (so I leave it alone)

0 Likes