Can't sync Facebook contacts
Terry317

I'm on my 4th Eris. The first performed well but died, so they sent a replacement. That one refuses to offer the opportunity to sync Facebook contacts. Three more tries, all the same results. Hours spend both in person and on the phone with techs. They say it's not the phone, but a Facebook issue. I've tried reporting it to Facebook but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else have this issue. Spouse has the same phone, no problem with FB syncs. I don't get the message that asks if you want to sync, but I'n so sick of having to start from scratch with apps, etc., when I get a replacement phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't sync Facebook contacts
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

It may be a software problem with your phone. The best way to try and resolve this will be a hard reset. The steps to perform the reset are listed below:

To reset the phone
1. Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory data
reset.
2. On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone and then tap
Erase everything.
To reset the phone using phone buttons
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN
and SEND buttons
2. Press the END/POWER button. You will see a screen with 3
Android images at the bottom of the screen.
3. Follow the instructions onscreen to reset your phone.
Tip If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery then wait for a few
seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the
phone.

To reset the phone

1. Press HOME

> MENU,

then tap Settings

> Security

> Factory data reset.

2. On the Factory data reset screen,

tap Reset phone and then tap Erase everything.

To reset the phone using phone buttons

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME Down and SEND buttons

2. Press the END/POWER button. You will see a screen with

3Android images at the bottom of the screen.

3. Follow the instructions onscreen to reset your phone.

Tip If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery then wait for a fewseconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
EML128

I am having the exact same problem. I currently own my fourth Droid Eris.  I have constantly experienced problems with this phone and have spent hours resetting each phone and on the phone with tech's. The last time I went to the Verizon store I was mistreated by two technicians the customer representative put me on the phone with. I have been a customer for years and do not appreciate the demeaning comments I received. I just received my fourth Droid Eris in the mail about a month ago. Of course, I am experiencing the exact same problems. I want Verizon to send me a new phone but I do not have the time, or patience, to go to the Verizon store and be mistreated again. I am switching to AT&T as soon as my contract ends. If Verizon continues to mistreat each customer, which appears to happen very frequently, they are in for a rude awakening.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly this isn't specific to just one device.  I have had the Nexus One that did this when I first got it.  The way I got it to work and always worked from that point on was to do a factory reset, skipping the Google log in, and setting up facebook first.  Once that was done then I logged into Google.

0 Likes