Can someone send txts using my number?
lv7399

There are txts and calls from my phone that show up in my log and on my bill that are not my doing. Is it possible someone has hacked my phone to do this?? I just got an upgrade and it is a brand new phone...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can someone send txts using my number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lv7399,

Hmm, that's odd. I can assure you my network is secure and your account is not at risk. Are the calls outgoing? What device model do you have?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
lv7399

The new Samsung Galaxy S5. I just got it on December 3rd... They are outgoing and incoming... also txts listed both ways.

0 Likes
EAnvid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had a problem in this area. I received a text from "Chance" saying I had called him earlier. When I looked at my calls, there was no number incoming or outgoing to him at any time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lv7399,

I know this has to be frustrating. Let's get some answers. Does the device have any physical or liquid damage? When did the issue start? Do you remember downloading any new apps right before this started?

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
EAnvid
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, no damage. I believe I've only downloaded it music.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that reply, EAnvid! You've mentioned that you looked at your calls. Did you do this by reviewing the call log on your device or at My Verizon Online (www.verizonwireless.com)? If it was only on your device, I'd check at My Verizon. The call made to this "Chance" could have been accidentally removed from your device's call log. But it would be listed as part of your official call records. If it's not in your call records, it's possible that "Chance" may have gotten a call from someone else using a technology known as spoofing, and "Chance" should contact his/her phone service provider.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Santadaman

The same thing happened to my son and it was used to show police a text he said he did not send.

0 Likes
Santadaman

I checked on My verizon and it was on the account.

Is my son lying or can it be hacked this way?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IT cannot be hacked.

0 Likes