Can someone access my number and send texts from it?
happiehippie

Yesterday on Saturday May 30, 2105 my mom tried to call me, I was on the phone speaking with a friend, now usually the call comes through and I have the option to answer it, but my mom said it did not ring on her end but went to straight to voicemail.  At the time that she called me, I did receive a text from her saying she was at the movie theater.  I did not see text until later and thought it odd that she sent me that text at 11:37 a.m. because the theater does not open until after noon and my mom does not go to the movies.  When I asked her about it, she said she never sent me a text and that a minute after she called, at 11:38 a.m. she received a text from me that I was at the movies.  I was not at the movies and I did not send that text.  Can someone access my number and send texts from it?  This really creeps me out and would like to know how someone could send a text to my mom from my number and vice versa.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can someone access my number and send texts from it?
mama23dogs
Legend

IT sounds like you both have do not disturb with that reason selected as auto- reply.   Which is odd, most people have "I'm driving and will call back ASAP"

check in in your call app for rejection messages.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

image.jpg

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Someone can use your number and send someone else a text. Spoofing apps and other types of hacking software are out there. As for accessing your number you would be surprised how many people know what it is, old friends and new enemies, everyone on your contact list and even being googled.  Just remember that if it's electronic it can be hacked.

0 Likes
Brenda81

Can we find out if that was the case and who would’ve done it?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes