Can I use my old Droid X for my kids to play games?
former_droidx

I upgraded to a Razor and did a reset on my old Droid X. I thought that it would just come back up and use WiFi to download games.

It is at a prompt to initialize the phone and I can't get passed it. 

Any suggestions for a way for my kids to play Angry Birds on my old phone without it being a cell phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use my old Droid X for my kids to play games?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Try http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/10/tip-how-to-bypass-android-activation-screen-on-motorola-droid/. Looks like it may work on the X also. You may need to do it again after any reboots.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

after a reset, you will likely have to activate the old X. you can then deactivate it by activating your razor and the X should work fine on wifi. just don't do a factory reset this time and it should work.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Try http://www.droid-life.com/2010/06/10/tip-how-to-bypass-android-activation-screen-on-motorola-droid/. Looks like it may work on the X also. You may need to do it again after any reboots.

0 Likes
former_droidx

Actually, I tried that.

You can't activate a Droid X after the account was upgraded to a Razor. I got a message saying that since the account data plan was a 4g, a 3g device couldn't be used.

I will try this on my wifes "dumb" phone number.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

try what pjnc linked. if that doesn't work, then i would go to verizon and have them activate it. you have to be able to activate an old phone. what happens if your razor were to break and you needed to use the X for a while? there's got to be a way to do it. just make sure your unlimited plan stays in tact (if you have unlimited data).

0 Likes
former_droidx

This worked for me.

Thanks.

0 Likes