Can I restore lost saved text messages?
Cyparisse

I saved some texts that were really important from an older phone. I do not see them anywhere now that I upgraded my device to another one. Could they be saved elsewhere? Did I lose them for good when I changed phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost saved text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure we're able to locate the messages. The message can be saved to multiple locations. If you have an SD card, in your previous device it may have been saved to the SD card since they were not restored from online. You'll follow similiar instructions when restoring from an SD card. ( Verizon Messages > Menu > Restore Conversations > Press Up Arrow > Locate the external SD card as one of the folders in the directory > Press the Desired File > Restore
YosefTT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they are still on the older phone, you can use a SMS Backup application from the Play Store to back them up into a file. You can then transfer the backup file to the new phone and use the same application to restore the messages on the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're enjoying your new phone, Cyparisse. What model is your new device and what phone did you upgrade from? How were you saving the messages on the older device?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cyparisse

I have upgraded my device a couple of times since I saved those messages. I saved them using Message+ - there is an option to save messages. I thought they went to the cloud, but I cannot find where they saved. Currently I have the Galaxy s7 for my device. I think I had the s5 when I saved those messages originally. I guess what I am asking is when you save the texts, where do they save to?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cyparisse,

We also want you to be able to find your saved conversations. You should be able to view all your saved conversations by going into top right menu option in the messaging app. Then select “Restore Conversations” and you can select “Restore from Online” and all previews conversations that have been saved should appear. Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes
Cyparisse

That did not seem to work. I usually do this when I get my new device from upgrading to get  back my old texts. Again, does anyone know WHERE online these messages get saved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure we're able to locate the messages. The message can be saved to multiple locations. If you have an SD card, in your previous device it may have been saved to the SD card since they were not restored from online. You'll follow similiar instructions when restoring from an SD card. ( Verizon Messages > Menu > Restore Conversations > Press Up Arrow > Locate the external SD card as one of the folders in the directory > Press the Desired File > Restore
YosefTT_VZW

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't find "Restore Messages" in the Menu on Messages+.  I desperately need to restore the file I saved!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current.

If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes