Can I download the lollipop upgrade on my Note 4 via Verizon 4G?
SueJT

I have downloaded the first part of my lollipop upgrade for my Note 4. The second part is taking forever and I know I'll have to go home before it finishes.

Can the download continue via the 4G network while I'm driving home without terminating and reconnecting to my WiFi at home?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I download the lollipop upgrade on my Note 4 via Verizon 4G?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SueJT, Congrats on your new Lollipop Upgrade! You're asking a very good question, here. It is very possible that Download and Upgrade for Part 2 will be interrupted if the phone network connection changes. If you are able to prevent interruption during the download portion of the Part 2 update; you should be fine. The good news is that the actual download of Part 2 lasts for approximately 18 minutes. Here's a link that provides more information about the newest update: http://spr.ly/6-16N4nj Please be sure to let us know if you have further questions for us.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can but it is about 1GB total between all the packages and stages.

0 Likes
SueJT

It's just a 10 minute drive home or so and I'll get on to the home wifi as soon as I get home. The question is....how do I make sure the download doesn't terminate when I leave the wifi in the office?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It supposedly pauses, but DO NOT leave wherever you are once you start.

0 Likes
SueJT

That's the problem. I am at 28% and I have to leave to go home in a half hour!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It can wait, and you need a 100% charge anyway.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Do this the right way.  You really need to charge to 100% back up wipe and charge to 100% again.  If nothing else, charge to 100% BEFORE updating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SueJT, Congrats on your new Lollipop Upgrade! You're asking a very good question, here. It is very possible that Download and Upgrade for Part 2 will be interrupted if the phone network connection changes. If you are able to prevent interruption during the download portion of the Part 2 update; you should be fine. The good news is that the actual download of Part 2 lasts for approximately 18 minutes. Here's a link that provides more information about the newest update: http://spr.ly/6-16N4nj Please be sure to let us know if you have further questions for us.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes