Can I downgrade marshmallow on droid turbo?
LYKAEDRA

SInce the marshmallow update, I have been unable to do basic things with my apps, like add attachments to email from my phone storage, or to upload photos from my gallery to instagram. I am told I have to update permissions in the settings, which sends me into a neverending circle of being sent to the specific apps to update and back to the main settings and all I want is to be able to do these simple things again.  If I can't downgrade and can't change the permissions, then my phone becomes a useless device...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I downgrade marshmallow on droid turbo?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I'm not sure about the droid turbo but I don't think that once you update a phone you can not downgrade it or go back to a previous version.

I know after you updated to marshmallow it lock the bootloader so you can't go back to like lollipop or kit kat .

0 Likes
LYKAEDRA

Well, that means I am stuck with a useless phone, because I can't seem to update the preferences of any of the apps. Will I lose all my photos and whatnot if I try to reset the phone? I thought OS updates were supposed to make the phone more useful, not reduce it to being as useful as an old flip-phone...

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

How long ago did this all start.Have you look thru .....Motorola DROID TURBO 2 Support | Verizon Wireless

to see if anything there would help also try google .......

.https://www.google.com/search?q=upload+photos+from+my+gallery+to+instagram&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS708US708&...

I hear you about updates it is just weird how having the same phone and the update works perfectly fine on one phone and then can literally  kill another.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to clear the system cache through the recovery menu? Or a factory reset?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes