Can I Removed Google Search Bar From My Moto Z?
jva9903
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I get rid of the Google search bar on the homescreen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto Z
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

Perhaps one alternative is to use a different launcher to operate your home screen, since Google designed Android, they do (of course) want you to have the search bar 'at your fingertips' and it is persistent or maybe try to move certain app icons to a separate screen. Just hold down on an icon an push it over to the edge of the screen and it will populate on an adjoining 'screen' you most likely have multiples of these additional screens, and depending on the manufacturer and their 'skin' you may have more than one, if not just look in play store and research other launchers, there are a couple good ones and they have various features that Google didn't concern themselves with when they designed Android. Anyway just a couple suggestions. We all love/hate Google, and we know where to find them when we DO need them. Just wish they would go sit in the corner until they're called upon.  BTW one of the most popular launchers allows you to impose a colored background on the app drawer and slightly smalls down the icons so you won't have as many 'pages' of them.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jva9903,

Widgets are great features on all our Android devices. Let’s help you customize your device. To remove the Google Search or any widget from your home screen, click here http://vz.to/2d9qoI9 for directions.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jva9903
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that; the bar doesn't move.

0 Likes
rrutl
Contributor - Level 2

Perhaps one alternative is to use a different launcher to operate your home screen, since Google designed Android, they do (of course) want you to have the search bar 'at your fingertips' and it is persistent or maybe try to move certain app icons to a separate screen. Just hold down on an icon an push it over to the edge of the screen and it will populate on an adjoining 'screen' you most likely have multiples of these additional screens, and depending on the manufacturer and their 'skin' you may have more than one, if not just look in play store and research other launchers, there are a couple good ones and they have various features that Google didn't concern themselves with when they designed Android. Anyway just a couple suggestions. We all love/hate Google, and we know where to find them when we DO need them. Just wish they would go sit in the corner until they're called upon.  BTW one of the most popular launchers allows you to impose a colored background on the app drawer and slightly smalls down the icons so you won't have as many 'pages' of them.

jva9903
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help.  Very much appreciated!

0 Likes
BKRPAUL

I removed it in Google settings.  There a switch on/off for it

0 Likes