Can Anyone Help Me With The Android Verizon Mail App?
TD-ESD

I'm on an HTC phone/Android, using the Verizon "Mail" app to access my Verizon email. To delete without viewing an email, this app provides a tiny checkbox to click (see the screenshot). If you click outside of the checkbox, the email opens, instead of deleting. I've gotten pretty good about it, but every so often I miss and it will open the email. If the email is spam, this ALWAYS means I'm doomed to get even more spam. Anybody else have this issue and found a way around it? Either way, it would be helpful if Verizon would update the interface with a MUCH larger checkbox.

screenshot.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Interface issue deleting email in Android Verizon Mail app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Mail application was more likely written by the manufacturer HTC not Verizon Wireless. If the application can be updated from the Play Store, you can try and send HTC an email asking for the improvements to the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Mail application was more likely written by the manufacturer HTC not Verizon Wireless. If the application can be updated from the Play Store, you can try and send HTC an email asking for the improvements to the application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TD-ESD

Thanks for catching that, Ann154! You're absolutely right - it is HTC Mail.

I looked for an update and didn't find one. However, when I went back into the app to check email tonight, I noticed the click area has been extended under the checkbox, instead of just the checkbox itself. This wasn't the case as recently as this morning. Maybe this thread was noticed? Not sure, just looking forward to less spam! I appreciate you steering me in the right direction.

0 Likes