Camera is taking really poor photos
CuriousGeorge

I have been waiting for the Droid 2.0.1 firmware update hoping my camera would work much better afterwards. I now have the firmware and it made zero difference.

The photos I take look ok on the phone itself, but when I move them to my PC and view them on a larger screen they look horrible. There is a tony of grainy effect on any textured surface and the overall look is just bad. I was really hoping this phone could take decent (but not awesome) photos so I could carry my point and shoot less often. But the photos I'm getting are so bad I would never rely on it for anything I want to keep. This is not a focus issue, the photos are usually in focus, just crappy quality.

Is anyone else seeing this? Should I return my phone? I bought it on the day Droid was released so I am now past my 30day window from BestBuy, but I'm hoping they will cut me a break if I do return for a swap.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Camera is taking really poor photos
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

CuriousGeorge wrote:

I have been waiting for the Droid 2.0.1 firmware update hoping my camera would work much better afterwards. I now have the firmware and it made zero difference.

The photos I take look ok on the phone itself, but when I move them to my PC and view them on a larger screen they look horrible. There is a tony of grainy effect on any textured surface and the overall look is just bad. I was really hoping this phone could take decent (but not awesome) photos so I could carry my point and shoot less often. But the photos I'm getting are so bad I would never rely on it for anything I want to keep. This is not a focus issue, the photos are usually in focus, just crappy quality.

Is anyone else seeing this? Should I return my phone? I bought it on the day Droid was released so I am now past my 30day window from BestBuy, but I'm hoping they will cut me a break if I do return for a swap.

Thoughts?

Try this thread.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Devices/Droid-Camera-fix/m-p/131213#M6773

Some report that the settings change described there helps a lot.

0 Likes
Re: Camera is taking really poor photos
CuriousGeorge

Thanks for the link, but that had zero effect on the grainy pixelation I am seeing in every photo I take.

0 Likes