Buyer Beware
Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hours spent trying to fix my droid turbo.  Hours with tech support.  Months of not receiving phone calls/missed calls on this phone, and no resolution.  And being told by tech support that they had never seen this problem before.  And I see it is a common problem.  I am screwed as a customer, locked into a phone that does not work.  I will limp along until my contract ends, and sever my ties with this big corporation that doesn't care.  Thanks for nothing Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buyer Beware
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you don't mind me asking? what is the number one trigger issue that caused you to start trouble shooting your phone in the fist place?

0 Likes
Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Family members and friends were trying to get a hold of me by calling, and I wasn't receiving calls, since May of this year (we think we've narrowed it down to that)  I was finally able to document through family base that my kids were calling me, but no record on my phone.  Months going through tech support, new Sim card, new refurbished phone...same issues until I thought I was going nuts.  Today, Verizon sending another refurbished phone.  I'm just weary of the effort, I have TRIED to make all the fixes work-  but after a full week "we'll leave no stone unturned" and no resolution, I feel frustrated beyond what I should.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Maybe it's not the phone?

ask people around you that have service, who their carrir is, then switch to the one that you hear  most.

0 Likes
Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

What really got to me today, after a 3 hour drive to Verizon store, was having to talk to tech support on phone AGAIN-after the hard working Verizon Representative had to throw up his hands in defeat- And basically be told by phone tech, "lady, this just isnt a possible scenario."

0 Likes
Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

My adult kids have Verizon phones of later models, and they are having no issues.  I've traveled all over the U.S. this summer and it doesn't matter where I am at- same issue.

0 Likes
Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can text and get onto internet without any problem.  Just not send and receive calls.

0 Likes
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

thats a lot to take in at once. I do have a jump to conclusion that may or may not be of some use. has anyone tried to assign your phone a different number? are there other phones on your account that work fine? is it possible that the issue is in fact the phone line itself? I know this sounds far fetched but if you will take a no stone un turned attitude I would say trade phones with one of your children for a week. see if the problem follows the phone or stays with you?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

So the straight scoop is, the phone is yours.   All carriers are providing service, but phones are not their responsibility.  They stick that on the manufacturer, which I agree with.   You have a lemon and it's time to dump it.

( My son had 2 Turbos in a row, terrible phones, finally got him away from them.   This is why Verizon was giving them away)

i Have purchased 3 phones  eBay for about $200 in the past year.  Great phones.

THere is no reason to suffer with a lousy phone, or pay Verizon hundreds on a contract or finance a several hundred dollar phone. 

Dump the turbo.   Purchase a Verizon brand phone off eBay.  Or look into manufacturer offers, line the Moto style, pure edition ( which will only activate with a sim that is already activated on Verizon.   If is not yet white listed)

Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

No new phone number assigned...I'd definitely be willing to try that if they offered.  My daughter is still at home under the same Verizon plan with me.  She has a flip phone, texting and phone only.  I obviously can't call her, but she calls out and receives calls without issue (she is not able to call me, but she can anyone else on or off verizon)

0 Likes