Re: Buyer Beware
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

so here is my suggestion. trade phones with your daughter. activate her phone on your line of service and your phone on her line of service. if the problem stays with the phone at least you know exactly where the problem is. if the problem stays with your number then you have a solution to provide tech support when you call them back.

this is just a suggestion. I have no experience or expertise to back it up. just an outside the box idea.

Chameleon76

I have had the same issue for years with Verizon.  Unfortunately my entire family has Verizon service.  I never know if I'm receiving all my calls.  It is very frustrating and I haven't found a solution either.  It definitely is not the phone because I've had several droid models.  If you find a solution, please let me know

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chameleon76,

Receiving all your calls is extremely important. We want to make sure you get all yours. Do you notice a pattern to when you don't receive a call? Certain number, time of day, or location? Please give us details so we can make sure you get the best of Verizon.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, receiving and sending calls is extremely important.  And this, I am unable to do still on a phone that shows it has an obvious glitch for many people.  So Verizon, this is a phone that you offer, and has problems repeatedly- yet you hide behind software problem and keep me limping along locked in contract.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Like CheifPopeyes suggestion.

I Caution you...Verizons solutions will often just cost you more money.  This is how they unloaded the ton of Turbos they have in stock now.  They may offer an early upgrade, nice BUT, that requires returning a phone in excellent and working condition, which yours is not.  So then they would stick you wil a $200-300 lump sum for returning a faulty phone.  It has been reported so on this forum in the past.

and what if the phone was never the problem?

Cgs23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a bad suspicion that I will be charged with that sum.  Lesson learned in a very hard way.  Thank you to all who have responded with suggestions.  We will be discontinuing service with Verizon one by one in the next few months as contract obligations end.  At least I always paid on time, and was not a hassle to them in fulfilling payments.  I'll be stuck for the next year, but at least as I move my kids off, and I bare bone my service, I can take a deep breath and move on to United Wireless.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Okay, I love my service, I have no problem with my phones.  But I didn't buy most of them from Verizon.

STill...

I See no point paying for a service you can't use.  If your line is faulty, you need to have Verizon fix it.  Have you had them put your sim in one of their phones?   If an employee has the same problem on a phone that works fine, then they have to fix the problem, or let you out of the contract.

IF it is only the phone, then At least buy a cheap Verizon phone if you refuse to pay early termination fees.

I Mean, you made it this far, sticking it out a year with a lousy phone makes no sense to me.  Pay $360 plus tax and data plan for a phone you can call with?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cgs23,

It is extremely important for your phone to work at all times. Especially to make and receive calls. It does sound like the issue is directly tied to you. Since we have ordered another replacement phone. please keep us updated on how that phone works. If that still is not resolving your issue. we can attempt a SIM card change and/or a phone number change. Thank you for being patient with us this whole time. We appreciate you working through this for such a long time.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes