Buy a phone at full price and activate it on Verizon?
Docle888

So I'm on the Edge plan and I want to buy a Nexus 6P at full price from the Google store. How much would it be to get a new phone number, SIM card etc. and add it to my account? Thanks, I really have no idea how to do any of this stuff.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buy a phone at full price and activate it on Verizon?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You're wanting to add a line to your account or just replace the phone you're currently using with the new one? A SIM card is free if you get it from a corporate store or call Verizon to have one shipped. How much it would cost to add a line depends on your current plan...if you have to pay a deposit for the new line...but if you're just wanting to replace your current phone with the new one that shouldn't cost you anything. I've never been charged for swapping phones.

0 Likes
Docle888

I want to add a completely new phone, not replace anything.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Then that would depend on your current plan and if you would have to pay a deposit for the new line.

0 Likes
Docle888

How much do you think it would be? I may be wrong, but I think I'm on the Edge plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

For most plans there is a $40 activation fee to add a new line to the account.

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Docle888

No monthly fees? Just a one time payment and I get a new phone number and SIM card?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will also have to pay the monthly access fee...which again depends on what plan you're on. SIM card is free as mentioned as long as you get it from a corporate store or by calling Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Edge plan is not a service plan. It is a device payment installment agreement to spread the cost of the device over 24 months. Your service plan is called the More Everything Plan or the Verizon Plan with unlimited voice, text and a sharable bucket of data for all the lines on your account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes