Bluetooth stopped working
Kell67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Motorola Droid Maxx. My Android version is 4.4.4. I drive a 2014 Mazda CX-5. For some reason my car and phone are not longer talking to each other. If I want to use my Pandora or Bluetooth just for phone calls, I have to manually go to the settings/Bluetooth and click on Mazda before it will connect. This has never been an issue except for about last six months. I do use the Bluetooth for wireless headset while at work. Both are paired, but I have to physically toggle which one I'm using at the time of use. Why has this just stopped working? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth stopped working
Kell67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Overnight I restores phone to factory settings and removed all signs of the phone from my vehicle. I believe this all worked. Took some time but appears that it now works with both Bluetooth devices as it is supposed too. Thank you so much for your assistance and time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kell67-

Let's get your phone and car back in sync.  We want you to take full advantage of all the hands free options you have available.  The less you have to worry about the better.  Any recent changes on your phone?  Keep us posted so we can assist further.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kell67
Enthusiast - Level 2

No changes to my phone that I can think of at this time. My number will be changing (AIG. 3, at my request) and during this process it says I may be forced to do  factory reset. I'm wondering if this will clear up the issue.

0 Likes
Kell67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay. Number changed and still cannot get my bluetooth working properly. Please help! I shouldn't  (and havent in the past) have to actually tell it to pair with my car.

0 Likes
Kell67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please help. Is it my phone needs replaced? This isn't the first time with this issue....although different phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Kell67

I can definitely understand your concerns and frustrations with the BlueTooth issue with your device and vehicle.  I am happy to assist.

First, tell me what is your experience with your BlueTooth connection with a BlueTooth headset device?  Do you experience the same problems connecting to a headset?  This may be a compatibility issue with your vehicle BlueTooth carkit.  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kell67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to go into settings/Bluetooth and click on either headset for at work or Mazda when I'm in the car. I thought about compatibility issues with the headset because it was new so I unpaired and deleted that to see if my car would pick it up but it still didn't. Thank you for your time in helping me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I greatly appreciate the informationm, Kell67. Did the issues begin before or after you began to use the bluetooth headset at work?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Kell67
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was starting to happen before,.. slowly stopping. Like I said, even when

I completely deleted the headset it still didn't work. Now it's a manual

thing each time I want to connect via bluetooth.

On Aug 8, 2015 9:50 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Understood! I appreciate the insight, Kell67! It has been suggest to unpair the phone/car from the phone and delete the phone from the car kits internal memory, power cycle the device, turn the car off and back and repair the devices and retest.
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes