Bluetooth automatically turns on when entering unlock pin
leopardx99

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to resolve an issue I have with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I have  Bluetooth turned off because I rarely use it and intend to only activate when I need it in order to prolong battery life.  What is happening, however, is that every time I enter the unlock pin Bluetooth turns on.  I've tried shutting Bluetooth off both in the regular settings and in the Notification Panel and the behavior is the same with both methods.

Is this a phone defect or is it a defect on Verizon's side?  I know several people who have the Note 3 on other networks and they've never seen this issue on their phones.

Please advise,

Thank you,

MJ Foley

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth automatically turns on when entering unlock pin
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello leopardx99. What a strange issue you have run into. How long has this been going on? Do you notice if the Bluetooth turns on right after you unlock your phone or when you try using an application? Any additional information you can provide would be helpful to solve this!

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
leopardx99

Hello,

Yes, it turns on immediately upon entering my pin – the screen unlocks then the Bluetooth indicator lights up.  This has been going on since I got the phone. 

The only info I can think of is that I have Bluetooth on the Notification Panel but I wouldn’t think that should impact the behavior. I just tested by removing it from the notification panel and the behavior is the same.  The only time it doesn’t happen is when the battery is low and I have power save mode activated.

Has anybody else reported this issue or since my question was raised has anyone at Verizon tested it on other Note 3 phones?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the detailed explanation, leopardx99. I do not have any other reports of this happening. I have seen where it may only dial the last dialed number when the pin is entered.
Does this still happen when the device is in Safe Mode  http://vz.to/1azw3ZB?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes