Bluetooth Tether on LG Spectrum II
lviewp

Hi Everyone,

I recently downloaded a new app which shows communication connections on my LG Spectrum II.  The following item keeps showing up:

Network BLUETOOTH_TETHER which shows connection through LTE.  I'm attaching a screen print of the data.  I don't use the Bluetooth feature on the phone, and have never installed any type of tether.  Is this type of connection a normal background process?  If it is not, how do I disconnect it?  I have already reset the phone to factory specs, but the tether continues to show as active.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Tether on LG Spectrum II
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Iviewp!

I would love to help ensure your device is functioning properly!

Let's ensure the "Bluetooth" feature is switched to "Off" http://vz.to/JOb0vZ.  Let me know how the device works after completing this step.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lviewp

Hi - yes, the Bluetooth feature is off

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iviewp,

Thank you for trying the steps provided. Is the screenshot shown from the app downloaded or in your actual settings? Are you noticing any difference in your internet connection? Also if you go directly to your settings>data>mobile networks > network mode, what does it show? We want to make sure this is something the phone is standardly showing and not the app, as we can not control what the App reads. Please keep us updated.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes