Battery dies after 4 hours since Lollipop upgrade. Phone is ALLOT slower.
loudstangdriver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lollipop came down on Feb 2, and since then my battery lasts about 4 hours.  Pandora doesn't fast forward on my car stereo like it used to before the upgrade.  My phone is allot slower also.

Samsung Galaxy S5.

Labels (1)
Re: Battery dies after 4 hours since Lollipop upgrade.  Phone is ALLOT slower.
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Try doing a "Wipe cache partition" as this should solve your particular issues. It will still take a few days for the system to settle in.  keep me posted on your results.    Smiley Happy

Power off your Samsung Galaxy S5 by long pressing the Power
On/ Off button. Wait until the device is completely shut down. Now you have to
press the following keys at the same time to turn on the phone again:

Power On / Off
Volume up
Home button

If the Samsung Galaxy S5 vibrates once, release the power
on/ off button, but keep the other two keys from the key combination pressed
until a menu appears on the display.

use the entry "Wipe cache partition" with the
volume down key. With the power on / off button, the entry can be selected and
the process will start.

This usually takes only a few seconds. Then the previously
displayed menu appears again. Now select the first entry "Reboot system
now" and run the command again with pressing the power button. Your
Samsung Galaxy S5 will now reboot.

If this does not help, you may need to do a factory
data reset on your Samsung S5 but give it some time .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's quite a change loudstangdriver. I apologize for the problems you've had since the update. Let's fix this. To help speed actions, please clear RAM by pressing the Multi-window key and Close All. This will also help battery life. For bluetooth connection with your car, please contact your car manufacturer to ensure they updated it to be compatible with new software.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Re: Battery dies after 4 hours since Lollipop upgrade. Phone is ALLOT slower.
cruisencode
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got similar issues.  Phone is now slow and my battery runs down very quickly.  Phone also runs a bit hot.

I've tried the wipe cache partition "fix" and it didn't help.  FDR is a non-solution.  Who has time to reinstall and reconfigure everything, and why should I have to?

scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZW support: you seriously think a) the problem would be solved that easily? b) that most users don't think about doing that? c) that most users would invalidate your solution by having restarted phone, pulled battery, etc?

0 Likes
Re: Battery dies after 4 hours since Lollipop upgrade. Phone is ALLOT slower.
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Because the app developers don't have it together. The same way you can't run PC apps on a Mac, you can't run KK apps on L. It's not the same. The brains of the phone (the kernel) are totally different. Runtime is different on applications. Compiling those applications are different. The file systems are different. The way they use power and data and go into sleep mode is different. Because the instruction set is different.

If you were to install 64 bit Windows on a computer, it would have to have a BIOS that has support for a 64 bit CPU. Otherwise, it's useless. Same thing.

It's not Time Warner's fault or Dell's when you install an incompatible app on your computer and have to restore it to factory. Why is it Verizon's fault or the manufacturer's that you use incompatible apps and have done nothing to back up your data prior to having an issue?

If a factory reset will fix everything, and you already know your apps are more than likely to blame, then why not back up your stuff, reset the darned thing, and try NOT installing all of your apps at once so that you can figure out which one is making your phone's OS bananas?

0 Likes