Backup Assistant Sync Error
JulieAnnaJones

I just upgraded from an Android II to a Samsung Stratosphere and I'm working on my contacts list. I had used Backup Assistant before, but when I tried to sync from my new phone, I got the error message: "Sync service failed. Communication errors. No network coverage." No network coverage? I'm in the middle of Oklahoma City, with plenty of coverage. I don't understand why I can't update and backup my contacts. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, some of my contacts that are also in Facebook are not linked to their Facebook accounts. How do I link them to the Facebook account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Sync Error
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

First, make sure you have the correct backup assistant for your phone (each phone is different IIRC) and make sure you have a data connection, not just voice, whether it's mobile data or WiFi.  Second, if you change all your contacts to gmail contacts, they will be backed up through your gmail account and you will not have to deal with backup assistant anymore. 

For your second question, if you have any friends whose name does not appear the same in your contact list as their Facebook page, they may not join automatically (i.e., my mom is saved under Mom, so I have had to connect to her Facebook manually... because her facebook page doesn't just say Mom).  You can either change their name in your contact list to match their facebook page, or you can sync them manually (I think, from their contact card, menu>join, but I don't remember exactly).

0 Likes