Asus Zenfone weather lockscreen widget
KRIKLI68

I just got my Zenfone V yesterday.  While I was uninstalling/disabling all the pre-installed apps I will never use (too many!), I uninstalled the weather app because I prefer a different one.  However, weirdly, that app appears to provide the widget for the the lock screen which displays the clock?!  So now I have no clock on my lock screen, which means to check the time, I have to completely unlock the phone.

So, is there a sneaky way to install my own lockscreen clock widget, or is that particular weather widget available in the Play store?  I wasn't able to find the particular one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Asus Zenfone weather lockscreen widget
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krikli68, we understand the importance of personalizing your tablet. Let’s work together to see what are the next best options for your clock and weather widget. Currently, we don’t have a particular application that we could recommend to you. However you can check out different weather and clock apps in the Play store that you can download to your phone again to ensure you have a clock on the main screen.

Takendra_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KRIKLI68

Thanks for the reply. I was specifically talking about the clock on the

lockscreen, not just a generic clock app.

I did eventually figure out where to find it. I noticed that the weather

app was still showing on the data usage screen. So I was able to enable it

there and it began working on the lock screen again. Strange that disabling

it made it disappear from the app list, but it was still on the phone.

Between that spyware appFlash and this weather app which can't be

deleted, so far I am not very well pleased with the unwanted apps on this

phone.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KRIKLI68,

I am glad that everything is working correctly now for you.

Each and every smartphone comes with pre installed apps, these are put in place by the manufacturer and in most cases cannot be removed. The good news is that the device is no less able to be customized, and there are thousands of things that can be downloaded form the Play Store. I hope this information is helpful.

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes