Asking one more time re: hard bricked LG Intuition text recovery
Pam3000
Enthusiast - Level 1

continued from a previously posted discussion: My LG Intuition just died

I purchased a new phone (LG Stylo 2), but I haven't activated it yet since that will definitely delete all the data from my old phone (LG Intuition).  I'm just checking one last time if anyone knows if it's possible to recover texts messages from a hard bricked device.  Briefly, here's how my phone became bricked.  The Intuition began having charging problems a few months ago (wouldn't charge properly or not at all sometimes), so I assumed it was the battery.  I obtained a new battery, but it was then that I discovered the charging port and the internal part VS950YS 27 were becoming very hot when plugged in.  I thought the phone still might start up if I could insert a fully charged battery, so I found a used Intuition on ebay and took the charged battery from that phone.  Even with a different battery, my phone still wouldn't start.  I'm just a member on my husband's account, so I can't register my number separately to see if my texts were saved to the Verizon Cloud (the only ones that show up online are from my husband's iPhone).  Registration requires a PIN that is sent via text to the phone, and since I can't access my messages there is no way for me to retrieve the PIN.  I was also wondering if the texts are saved to the SIM card and if they could be recovered from there.

If there is absolutely no way for me to access the data on my hard bricked phone, I will give up and activate my new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Asking one more time re: hard bricked LG Intuition text recovery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pam3000, we completely understand how important it is to make sure that you're able to access all of your previous text messages and we're sorry to learn that you were experiencing issues with the LG Intuition that you had previously had activated.

If the LG Intuition no longer powers on, then switching the device to something else will not impact any of the current data (both saved or unsaved). What we mean by this, is anything that is saved can be restored. Anything that has yet to be saved is no longer accessible.

Since you don't currently have your own My Verizon account registered, then we would recommend activating the new phone at all. This will certainly allow you to enjoy the new phone while simultaneously being able to register for My Verizon. Once you're registered, you can review any saved text messages that may have been backed up with Verizon Messages (http://vz.to/2qC2Gc0) and then we can help restore them.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Pam3000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the advice.  I think my only other option would be to have the bricked phone repaired, but that would probably be too costly.  I guess it's time to activate my new phone.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

See if you can try forcing the phone to awake, and clear the system cache:

Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time.

Press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.

Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until the Android System Recovery screen appears.

Press the Volume Down key to highlight wipe cache partition.

Press the Home(GB only) or Power(ICS only) key to select.

Make sure Reboot System Now is highlighted and press the Home or Powerkey to reboot.

0 Likes