Are voicemails from "basic" voicemail stored on a Verizon Server or each individual phone or SIM card?
dcurtis46
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had messages saved that are now gone due to the new visual voicemail and I want them back!  No one told me the voice mails messages would disappear!  they are from 2yrs ago, but I was saving them frequently to keep them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are voicemails from "basic" voicemail stored on a Verizon Server or each individual phone or SIM card?
dcurtis46
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found my voicemails! They were inadvertently deleted because they were

showing differently than before.

Thank u.

Diane

View solution in original post

Re: Are voicemails from "basic" voicemail stored on a Verizon Server or each individual phone or SIM card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Voicemails are important, dcurtis46. I am sorry to hear you recently lost your voicemails. Let's work on this together. What device do you have? If you dial *86 send are you able to retrieve the "lost" ones? Keep us posted on your progress.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Typically, basic voicemails are deleted when switching to the visual system.  You might switch back to basic to see if they "reappear," but I dont think so.

0 Likes
dcurtis46
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot retrieve my old voicemails. I had a Samsung s3 mini and now

have a Samsung s5 with the new voicemail. My old voicemails are on the old

voice mail.

My s3 mini is on its way back to verizon...I am on the edge program.

These voicemails are VERY important to me. The are from my mother who

passed away 2yrs ago. I like listening to her voice from time to time.

I really want to get these BACK! They must be on a Verizon server

somewhere. I know they cannot be "on" the phone!

Hope you can help me get them back.

Diane

On Apr 11, 2015 3:59 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
dcurtis46
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found my voicemails! They were inadvertently deleted because they were

showing differently than before.

Thank u.

Diane

christinanyc

The same thing happened to me, but with the voice to text voicemails... my phone was saying it needed to free up space so I went to my voicemail, thinking that I could move them to the SD card in my phone, but when I tapped on the word/label part of the button for save deleted voicemail, rather than open a screen to change my storage, it flipped that option to "OFF"!!!

My mom passed away on Aug 8th, 2017, but I had saved so many messages from her over the years... I can't believe that I pay extra to have these translated and they must be held on a server for a certain amount of time.

Please help me... I still can't deal with her being gone.  I know I had them on my phone on Dec 10th of 2018 because that was my birthday and I was going to listen to the previous year's birthday message she left, but couldn't muster up the courage to do it... thinking I will do this another time when I can handle it... I am in shock and absolute despair. 

She was sick for a long time and I hadn't seen her in 7 years... then she was just gone.  Please help me find these.

0 Likes