Apps No Longer Working On Moto Devour
Draino

My Devour is only about 18months old and one by one, apps that have always worked fine have stopped working.  Some never open and some just shut down after open for brief period of time. I saw where my banking app mentioned an OS greater then 2.0 but I checked twice and my Devour is up-to-date.  This app has always worked.  I'm just afraid that in a couple more years, nothing is going to be working right.  I'm all for upgrading to new services but not at the expense of the old ones.  Any suggestions for keeping these apps working for the next few years?  I love the slide out keyboard and I generally dislike touch screens so trading isn't really an option, especially when the phone is so recent.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apps No Longer Working On Moto Devour
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Draino,

The Motorola Devour was my first Android phone! I LOVE the super sleek design and the keyboard is awesome! It’s refreshing to see that we like the same features that the Devour has. As far as the apps are concerned, may I ask how many apps are no longer working? Also, what is the exact software, build, and baseband version that you have on the phone? I want to check to see if there are any known issues with the apps and the phone.

In your case, I would recommend uninstalling one app and reinstalling it to the device. After doing this, please retest the app for proper functionality. Also, I would suggest changing the setting so that the apps does not auto update. Although it’s not certain but the apps may stop working because of an auto update that made it no longer compatible with your software version. In either case, once you provide me with the information requested above then I will be able to further investigate for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Apps No Longer Working On Moto Devour
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the application was saying that an Android operating system of 2.0 and higher was needed for it to work properly. The Motorola Devour runs on Android 1.6 and won't be updated to anything higher. Sorry.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes