Re: Anyone with a Droid losing their 3G signal randomly?
darkdomino

and... verizon removed all my formatting.... wonderful

0 Likes
ZooMob

I've been having this issue lately also at home. Used to have full bars but not it goes back and forth with 1x and 3g. I tried the *228 option 2 method and it helped once but not again.

Here are some of my apps:

• Google Listen
  • Wapedia
  • xScope
  • Stock Quote
  • Voice Recorder
  • GPS Status
  • Hi Yahoo
  • Google Sky Map
  • Wheres my Droid
  • Sleepy Time
  • Facebook for Android
  • Movies
  • Seesmic
  • Voice Caller ID
  • Pkt Auctions eBay
  • SportsTap
  • CallTrack
  • Red Poker Club
  • Wifi Scanner
  • Pandora
  • SMS Popup
  • My Verizon
  • Weather Widget
  • Shazam
  • Droidlight
  • Ringdroid
  • ShopSavvy
  • Paypal
  • Quote Pro

thanks

0 Likes
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

I am having no issues with my Incredible.

Everything is awesome and I have taken pretty good care of it and have not downloaded apps that have lower than 4 stars.

It goes between 1x and 3g, but that's normal when you move around or if you're in a building sometimes.

0 Likes
LadyEngr541

I purchased a Moto Droid yesterday and am having the same problem described with the 3G network dropping out.  My phone switches between 3g and 1X constantly and it drops calls when it does.  I have very few apps installed because of the dropping.    I also have a Verizon blackberry tour that my company issued and it maintains full 1XEV signal all the time.  When I place them side by side, the blackberry works great with no change in signal or signal strength while the Droid is randomly changing.   The Verizon technical support person suggested I return the Droid to the store and get another phone.

Has anyone solved this problem or identified an app that is causing it?

Thanks

0 Likes
ZooMob

I've heard about some new baseband that was installed on the phones. I believe for some users it might have caused this issue since the 2.1 OS was installed.

I know for me it was after 2.1 was installed that I had these issues. I know Froyo 2.2 has updated basebands and the updated ones are available on the internet but not sure if it might help.

0 Likes
lyndarva

Thanks for the tip to uncheck the Voice Privacy, hopefully that will help me.

I have had a lot of trouble with the 3G on this phone also.  I have had dropped calls, even when on the phone with Verizon tech support.  I have a trouble ticket out on this and the browser dropouts, I assume for the same reason.

I haven't had this problem with other Verizon phones.  I have been concerned that the fact I am under the flight path for the airport 4 miles away may have something to do with it, I don't know why it would -- I have lived here for 5 years and it hasn't before.  I haven't been able to really align the problems with flights, etc., but I was grasping at straws because I don't want to have to change phones again.  

I am disabled and I fall a lot as part of the disability.  I have to have a phone that is working online all the time, not only for the calls but because sometimes my husband can't be reached in the hospitals except by text messaging.  

0 Likes
Velamina09

Turn the phone off, take the battery out then wait for 20sec and put it back.... Should help!

Good luck!

0 Likes
monababy

Hi.. just happened to me on the droid 2.. didn't receive a few calls. People said they called.. the phone never rang. Lost all service 3 g and all. A supervisor at Verizon said to hard reset the phone.. as a last ditch effort i did.. guess what? still no service.. could not even activate.. they are sending me a cln.. i have the phone 6 weeks... begged about 6 people for a brand new replacement...no luck... oh well.. hope this one works...

0 Likes
VZWFan

Southern California checking in here.  LG Ally (Android 2.1, stock+all VZW updates).  I've noticed that for the past 2 weeks, my 3G indicator will often drop to 1X quite often while in the Burbank, CA area, more often than my home area 60 miles away.  Sometimes the 3G/1X indicator will drop off completely as posted here by others, in addition my signal bar indicator will drop down significantly.

I *think* this may be due to some upgrades that Verizon may be doing to the towers, perhaps as part of the 4G initiative that Verizon announced recently.  It usually happens during business hours and it's not everyday but seems to happen often in the Burbank area.  Usually, my service in Burbank is flawless with any of the various Verizon branded smartphones/dumbphones I've owned in the past 10 years.  Just the past 2 weeks it's been spotty.

I also noticed that my voice privacy was engaged on my phone and have turned it off thanks to this thread.  I will report back if turning this off seems to have improved service.  Thanks for the tip.

Anyone else in the Glendale / Burbank area having this issue?

0 Likes
micles
You wouldn't have to replace it under the insurance. If you keep losing your 3G coverage then the phone should be replacable under the warranty and there is no deductible for that.
0 Likes