Re: Anyone else displeased with Verizon?
rcschnoor
Legend

Being a CDMA network, I would expect that of Sprint.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You could assume that it would work interoperable between Verizon Wireless & Sprint and vis a vie.

However Sprints version of CDMA is not the same as Verizon Wireless.

That is the primary reason why it won't function with us, or any other carrier even with the dual radios.

Good Luck

sue8500

I am extremely unhappy with Verizon. I am now a very happy AT&T customer

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Good for you. You should always go with the provider which best suits your needs.Smiley Happy

darthsideous666

What is sad is that I just switched from Sprint to Verizon on Thursday, May 8, 2014.  I did so after being a long time Sprint customer who finally could not take the poor customer and cellular service anymore.  Unfortunately, after only an hour into becoming a Verizon customer this is my story:

The problem started while attempting to transfer over the third of my five phones from Sprint to Verizon at my local Apple store.  Verizon apparently decided that after porting/transferring two phones, an investigation into possible fraud apparently needed to be conducted.  Why I do not know, since two phones transferred without a question?  Why I can understand that fraud is certainly a huge concern, Verizon fails to truly follow-up immediately on their suspicions of fraud while it is occurring, only telling the customer that Verizon will contact them within 72 hours.  This is very confusing and frustrating for us legitimate and new customers with multiple lines to transfer!  I even went a step further the following day (today) and tried to get assistance by going into a Verizon corporate store and providing both state and government identification.  My government identification was displayed for not only my billing discount but also in hopes of helping assist me to clear things up when I called the fraud department, thinking this would help clear up any confusion and expedite the rest of my phone transfers, boy was I wrong!  The next course of action taken was to call the fraud department.  This did not get me anywhere, as they could care less about the fact that I was a legitimate customer and not an alleged criminal.  So here I sit paying two different service carriers and now second guessing my decision to switch carriers. This certainly is not the way to impress and retain a new customer.  The sad thing is that I paid for my phones in full and have no contract obligation, yet I am still unable to port all my numbers over because I am apparently committing fraud?  Come on Verizon, I have gone out of my way to prove my identity and you could care less about that?  I certainly hope that someone reads this and considers making changes that are beneficial to your non-criminal customers!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Amazingly I have read of this happening to customers. ( on other service providers also)

Kind of makes a family plan kind of non workable. Verizon wants your business but if you want to use a family say of four or more, you are marked as fraudulent. I would say very stupid on their parts.

I have read that Sprint and T-Mobile have this issue after four lines. It would seem any number of additions after four triggers an alert. Normally if your standing in the store it can be overridden.

Sometimes the stop on adding lines is due to credit checks.  I can tell you that I have read here such fraud holds have caused many to be without service for a great length of time.

You could simply just port out of Verizon return the devices to Apple and when Verizon asks why you are terminating service tell them you did not want to leave but your fraud department just stopped you from adding or porting out your other lines.

You could tell the http://www.BBB.org

Then Verizon will call you.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MadGiJoe,

We are very sad to hear you have left us but we always want you to receive the best possible service. We are always looking to improve our service. I do hope one day we will be able to provide you excellent service in your area so you can rejoin the VZW family.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
darthsideous666

Hi LindseyT,

I am glad to see that this form is being monitored and replies are being sent out by Verizon customer service reps.  With that said, it certainly would be nice if my concerns is addressed, especially since I am still waiting to be contacted.  Maybe you can help with this matter, before I decide the aggravation is just not worth it.

0 Likes
wdon

I am displease with Verizon, and I with them for 13+ year. They took away the phone upgrade discount, and etc. The phone functions taken away, and lock out the hotspot and tethering and etc. Too expensive on monthly sercive charge and everything.  WHAT CAN I DO? Nothing... They have the best Signal..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

darthsideous666,

I understand that there has been a delay with your port process. I apologize on behalf of Verizon Wireless for the inconvenience. I'm sorry to hear that it still has not been rectified. Could you follow me and send me a direct message and I'd be happy to do everything I can to help.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes