Another question about upgrade?
AnissaLJackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, as i've posted before, I've been wanting to try and get an early upgrade (which yes, I know Verizon doesn't do anymore but there is not harm in trying, so I will be talking to customer service on the phone soon.) because our HTC Incredible 2s charging ports both stopped working (very common with this phone) and have to charge our batteries externally which is a total pain and very difficult at times! Anyway, so we were wanting to upgrade to the Galaxy S5. I wanted to see if anyone thought this would work in case i'm not able to get the early upgrade. The early termination fee is $350 minus $10 per month finished on contract. Well, we have a month left on our contract which in total would be $220 for termination for our phones. The Galaxy S5 is on BOGO with $50 mail in rebate. So I was wondering if I were to add two more lines to our contract, get the BOGO Galaxy S5s, and then terminate the two lines we currently have and transfer over the numbers we currently have over to the two lines, would we still essentially be able to keep our "plans" and would this overall work? The total after the mail in rebate would be $420 which is $20 more than I would normally pay for a new phone if it weren't on BOGO and of course I don't mind paying the extra $20. Really wanting and kind of needing to get new phones asap and the Galaxy S5 is what we want. Thanks for your answers in advance! Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Another question about upgrade?
AnissaLJackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also forgot to mention the $9.99 for each added line so really it would be an extra $40 but still, don't mind paying that extra $40. (Had to comment cause I couldn't figure out how to edit)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about your phone, Anissa. Are your current devices still under warranty? If so, they can replaced for no charge.

While we're not offering any early upgrades at a discounted price, we do have an option that would allow you to upgrade early. Check it out...http://vz.to/ZILXBT Have a good one!

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@AnissaLJackson,

A new phone is always an exciting time so I understand you wanting to get your new phones early.

You can definitely add two lines and take advantage of the BOGO promotion. However, the two new lines would be under contract and if you cancel the two current lines you will not be able to transfer the old numbers to the new lines.

If you are only 1 months away from your contract end date then your upgrade eligibility date should be one month away as well. Dial #UPG send from your cell phone to confirm the upgrade date on your lines.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes