Re: Maybe we should start calling Verizon!
jchangy

Hi all...I just joined this forum...

I've had nexus one for 3 weeks on T mobile, and just today, sent it back.  Not sure if you guys are aware, but there has bene a slew of problems with nexus one.  My biggest problem was 3G/EDGE flipflop.  everyone is blaming each other and the customerss are left to fend for themselves...

Anyway, I am hopeful that the 3G issue may not affect the N1 on verizon, so I will wait...for how long, who knows.  I hear that you guys are pretty frustrated about waiting.  I hear ya.  I'm currently with Sprint and have been with them for 12 years...glad I didn't just port my number right away...

Having said all that, I will tell you that Nexus one is one beautiful phone...and works very very fast...I compared it side by side with my friend's iphone 3GS.  Aside from connectivity issue, I think N1 is better than iphone, and has such potential, being on android. 

As of now, I will be patiently waiting with you guys for N1 to move over to Verizon...I just hope that the 3G issue does not follow N1 to Verizon as well since I know that T mobile has very spotty 3G.

0 Likes
Re: Another New HTC ANDROID device for VZW
simong79

This hear is how long my NE2 has been up.  Almost 2 years!

http://i45.tinypic.com/16703yu.jpg

Sadly I have not been able to find a phone I want.  Verizon provides the best 3G coverage here in KY where I live, so that is one of the reasons why I have stayed.  I feel like you all do about the phones.  Everytime I read about a new phone that I would seriously consider buying, it ends up on another network.  I almost hopped on the Droid, but then I read about the HTC Passion that ended up being the N1, and of course it went to T-Mobile first, so I decided to give it a little more time when I saw that VZW was going to get the N1 in the Spring.

I am holding out until the end of March to see if the N1 or the HTC Incredible comes out on VZW.  If nothing new comes in the form of a phone or news, then I am thinking of just jumping ship.  While I rather not hop on over to ATT or T-mobile,  just seeing the news that the HTC HD2 is coming in March to T-mobile made me really think that it might be time to move on from VZW.

I can deal with the EDGE network for the time being and just use the WI-FI at work at and home, and there are more and more WI-FI hotspots popping up in town.

I had my hopes up in the fall when I was reading about VZW catching up and really starting to offer some awesome phones that would make users from other carriers jealous, but those hopes have quickly faded.

Oh well.  One more month.

Hanging tight with you all for now!

0 Likes
robbob533

I was all psyched up for the Droid.  I was willing to buy back in early February when my NE2 was up.  Then I learned that the N1 was coming to Verizon and that started me thinking.  I have done a LOT of comparisons including reading the ::GULP:: Apple sites. I am a PC guy through and through.  I see the value in Apple but I want to have the flexibility of my PC and my phone.  All reviews seem to say that the N1 is a great phone.  I think Apple is extremely worried that the N1 will kill their Iphone.  I think they should be worried too because as far as I can see the N1 is far superior to the Iphone.  I have often considered the possiblity of switching carrier to get an Iphone but I really LOVE Verizon's service and Network and that has kept me here.  So, I eagerly await the arrival of the N1 to Verizon and humbly request Verizon that they consider all of us Family Share plans and allow us to get the phone with the subsidy if they offer that option.  If not I may have to continue with my Voyageur and not buy a new phone from Verizon for a LONG time.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Nah they aren't worried.  The next iPhone will be as good or better.  Because they will feel the need to keep up.  Which means the big dogs in Android world will get bigger and better and cheaper and it will go back and forth for a while. 

0 Likes
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi new to this forum, Just my thinking that the new HTC Desire that is being release in Europe will come to Verizon as the Incredible. Can't see three phones with similar specs coming out for Verizon ( Nexus One, Incredible, and now the Desire. Too similar in my opinion). :smileywink:

0 Likes
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

jchangy wrote:

Hi all...I just joined this forum...

I've had nexus one for 3 weeks on T mobile, and just today, sent it back.  Not sure if you guys are aware, but there has bene a slew of problems with nexus one.  My biggest problem was 3G/EDGE flipflop.  everyone is blaming each other and the customerss are left to fend for themselves...

Anyway, I am hopeful that the 3G issue may not affect the N1 on verizon, so I will wait...for how long, who knows.  I hear that you guys are pretty frustrated about waiting.  I hear ya.  I'm currently with Sprint and have been with them for 12 years...glad I didn't just port my number right away...

Having said all that, I will tell you that Nexus one is one beautiful phone...and works very very fast...I compared it side by side with my friend's iphone 3GS.  Aside from connectivity issue, I think N1 is better than iphone, and has such potential, being on android. 

As of now, I will be patiently waiting with you guys for N1 to move over to Verizon...I just hope that the 3G issue does not follow N1 to Verizon as well since I know that T mobile has very spotty 3G.

Welcome, just joined as well. I would think that the Nexus One for Verizon would have much better 3G service. First off its a CDMA network, I believe T mobile is a GSM network so the phones will not be the same other than appearence and specs, also HTC has had time to work out some of the issues with the current model. I really don't think Verizon will have the same issues. I just really hope that the Incredible comes out first. The N1 is a hot phone, but I really want an HTC device with sense UI, I know you can get it on the N1 but I don't want to root the phone to get it..

0 Likes
droidoholic

Androidoholic wrote:

Welcome, just joined as well. I would think that the Nexus One for Verizon would have much better 3G service. First off its a CDMA network, I believe T mobile is a GSM network so the phones will not be the same other than appearence and specs, also HTC has had time to work out some of the issues with the current model. I really don't think Verizon will have the same issues. I just really hope that the Incredible comes out first. The N1 is a hot phone, but I really want an HTC device with sense UI, I know you can get it on the N1 but I don't want to root the phone to get it..

Welcome to the party, I know what you mean. I love the look of the new Sense UI on the HTC Desire videos, I just want a device with sense all ready in it. I am not sure if I would feel comfortable rooting my after waiting so long to get it. Check it out, it is soooo sweet. By the way I like your name.

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/02/16/hands-on-with-the-htc-desire-with-video/

0 Likes
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might not have to wait too much longer. I have a feeling we will hear something at the CTIA Wireless 2010 Conference. I posted this in greater detail in your other thread check it out.

0 Likes
Androidoholic
Enthusiast - Level 3

NotAgainVZ wrote:
I would love to get a Nexus One BUT all support for the phone comes from Google at this point which seen very sub par. If something is wrong with your phone you do not have a local store, you will be mailing it out waiting for a replacement. I would prefer the HTC version Nexus One ( Desire or Incredible ) with support of my wireless company.

I feel the same way, support is a major part of why I am with Verizon. I have had excellent service with them. I have heard nightmares about how Google has handled service thus far. Also I really don't know if I want to root my phone to get HTC's Sense UI. I much rather wait till a HTC device comes out for Verizon with similar specs as the Desire. Hopefully the Incredible is that phone.

0 Likes