Another New HTC ANDROID device for VZW
droidoholic

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/02/15/htc-desire-aka-bravo-breaks-cover-debuts-on-verizon-bravo-rename...

Check out the link . Another HTC rumored phone. Expected to be announced tomorrow at the MWC 2010. Could it be the wait is coming to an end. We will find out tomorrow.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Another New HTC ANDROID device for VZW
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

According to the full specs at the end of that article, it looks like its going to be a GSM device not compatible with VZW.

0 Likes
droidoholic

We will find out tomorrow when HTC's holds there press conference at the MWC 2010. The specs are probably for the Bravo variant to be launched in Europe. U.S. would get it as the Desire, after all this news is coming from Spain where the MAC is being held. More than likely they would show European specs. 

0 Likes
sranger

Sad,

Nothing new from HTC for Verizon or the US market.  It looks like it will be closer to the end of the year before we would see any of the cool new phones for Verizon....

http://reviews.cnet.com/mobile-world-congress/?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.1

I guess the ony hope for a new Android phone will be the Nexus One any time soon....

0 Likes
axel_2078
Contributor - Level 2

Yeah, from everything I have been reading the HTC Desire and the Legend will both be released in Europe first and will "eventually" be released to other carriers. Has anyone heard anything more on the HTC Incredible?  Hopefully that one will be relased to VZW sometime soon.  I kind of feel like we're getting screwed yet again.  There's already rumors flying that a Nexus One is going to be released on AT&T soon (FCC filings), but yet nothing has been revealed about the one that will supposedly be on Verizon.  This is frustrating.

0 Likes
sranger

I tought youg guys would like this...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13970_7-10454240-78.html?tag=mncol;title

Droid update soon....

0 Likes
THE PEOPLE ARE MAD!!!
rkm5052

We keep hearing things and nothing it happening. Many people expected to hear something at MWC about Verizon getting a new HTC android phone with Sense! I feel like Verizon keeps dropping the ball when it comes to getting the newest smart phones that people want. You didn't pick up the N1, didn't get the Desire or the Legend! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!  If any one actually cares to see how disappointed we are this is a good place to start!

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread.html

0 Likes
niarol

I agree with the person above, I am so sick of getting my hopes up about Verizon just to be let down. I am hoping something amazing comes out ASAP, because the Devour sure isn't anything to get excited about at all! Why do we always get new phones by the time they are already old news on other networks???:smileymad: Verizon--Please give us the HTC Desire, Incredible, or Nexus One :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Why does Verizon suck so much?
JMKosmo

You know, I have been looking for a new phone since November.  My new every two was up February 7th and I wanted a cool new Android phone.  I watched the Droid and the Eris release, but did some research and heard that a new HTC phone was going to be released by the end of 2009.  I thought I would wait to see what this new device was supposed to be.  So I waited, and waited and waited and waited.  First I heard Black Friday, then 1st of the year, then sometime in January, then in February, now March, April or June.  And nothing.  I called Verizon and was told that they didn't have any information on upcoming devices.  Further more I was told that NO new devices were scheduled to be released in the coming month --None at all.  At first I thought this was all **bleep**, but you know what?  No new phones have been released.  So I am STILL waiting, being brushed off by customer service reps and scouring the internet for any shred of information pertaining to a new HTC phone.  Other carriers have announced which phone they are going to release and when, and Verizon sits there with it's thumb up their a**es, pushing the freaking Droid and Palm Pre plus on me everytime I contact them.  What's worse is that I can not change carriers.  I am in the middle of nowhere and only get and excellent Verizon signal.  Which is fine, but I am sick and tired of being behind the curve when it comes to new technology.  If I was on the phone with a customer service rep they would say, "Droid, Droid, Droid."  Everytime I want a new phone from verizon, I have to play this game and I am tired of it.  I pay a lot of money to be a Verizon customer for them to totally ignore me as a customer and what I want while all the time lying to me and telling me they have no new phones coming out.  I am just sitting here waiting to spend money and give it to them happily and they slam the door on me.  I never met a company who didn't want my money.  I need to buy a phone, a new plan, and smartphone access.  I have always been happy with my Verizon service, but their selection of phone is sub par compared to all the other US carriers.  Why do I have the best service with the worst phones.  And I am sick of getting the cool phone 5 months after everyone else.  So, I can get a Nexus One 5 freaking months after freaking TMobile????  **bleep**?  And now there are rumors about the HTC Incredible with it's weak specs and fire engine red front, while the super stylish Bravo is released in Europe.  Thanks for nothing, Verizon.  I am tired of having to be in a holding pattern as every other carrier's cool cutting edge phones pass me by and I have to wait once again.  I hope you corporate schmucks are reading this.  Get us the best phones on the best network.  Then Everyone will want Verizon!  

0 Likes
NotAgainVZ
You have the best network .. please add some of the best phones to go with it .. Please, I really don't want to goto T-Moblie
0 Likes