Android 4.4.2 is a disaster?
landersohn

I hope some some people working for verison actually read this:

I have a Galaxy S4 and it worked fine with Android 4.3

Then Verizon - in their infinite wisdon - decided to shove 4.4.2 down my throat and now battery consumption is up 3 times and skype does not work any more, I had to revert back to skype 3.2

So here are my specific questions

- How can I get Verison to "downgrade" me to Android 4.3?

- How can I stop Verizon from fprcing me to upgrade?

-

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 4.4.2 is a disaster?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

landersohn,

Software updates should be enjoyable and not cause the headaches that you have received. What is showing the most battery use? Settings>Battery. In regards to reverting back to the previous software I am sorry there is no way to revert back. If you have a software update you can choose not to upgrade the software for the device by choosing upgrade later instead of now. In this case though you will have to choose the upgrade later option more then once.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

landersohn,

Software updates should be enjoyable and not cause the headaches that you have received. What is showing the most battery use? Settings>Battery. In regards to reverting back to the previous software I am sorry there is no way to revert back. If you have a software update you can choose not to upgrade the software for the device by choosing upgrade later instead of now. In this case though you will have to choose the upgrade later option more then once.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dylismith
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Droid RAZR MAXX HD is having a lot of problems with 4.4 as well. It has hung up a number of times and has crashed 5 or 6 times (it reboots). I have now uninstalled a number of apps, hoping that something is not compatible or the OS is struggling to keep up, but I still get errors like "Amazon has stopped working" even though I wasn't using that app. Since I can't uninstall Amazon I'm learning to live with it, but I continue to uninstall the apps I can. I was looking forward to this upgrade but think there's still a ways to go before it's stable.

As for the battery, I've gone back to using my old Garmin instead of Google Maps (turned off GPS) and the battery says cool now, but I think this problem pre-dated 4.4.

Anyway, I suspect I'm stuck with it so hopefully things will improve with time. I can't upgrade for another 6 months. My wife says I use the phone too much anyway!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Following an update, it typically takes a few charge cycles for the battery to model consumption and predict remaining charge. Your battery performance should continue to improve as you charge it a few times.

If you have other bizarre behaviors though, you might eventually have to perform a Factory Data Reset after backing up pictures, music and videos, email settings, other downloaded files that are important to you.

I have an uncle who got a Samsung S4 and had NO ISSUES during the update. I had issues on my LG G2, and I had to perform an FDR. Not everyone has to. For others here, I've read even after performing an FDR, their device operation was not restored properly. I suppose this can happen.

0 Likes
haffcaff
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can customer support offer anything concrete? I don't want to hear, "we're sorry you feel that way" or "maybe a factory data reset will help". Can customer support tell us that Verizon or Google or Motorola are working on putting out a fix for the many problems with the 4.4.2 release? This is what we need, there are problems with the release that are making our phones unreliable and difficult to use that simply were not there before 4.4.2 was sent out.

I'm on a RAZR M.

arkainzeye
Contributor - Level 1

i went through something like this 1-2 years ago on another android update with my samsung s3.. it took many many weeks before anything that fixed it was done.. they said they wanted to make sure the "fix" they would be sending didnt cause even more problems... bottom line its not going to happen soon

0 Likes