All Contacts do not show up in backup
crossfire2007

All of my contacts are not showing up in backup!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: All Contacts do not show up in backup
saradocus
Enthusiast - Level 1

are you using back up assistance/ verizon cloud?    it the the contacts you are missing are in you phone then all you have to do is either go to the app (donwloaded) or settings- accounts- backup assistance plus and choose "BACK UP NOW.  you should be logged out of you vzw account when doing the back up. once is done and everything looks synced you should be able to log on to your vzw account and all the contacts should be there..  other wise it would be a setting such as not haveing your gmail contacts backup , or only haveing contacts saved on your sd backed up.

0 Likes
crossfire2007

I attempted to do as you asked below, none of your recommendations worked!!! What other options do you have.

0 Likes
saradocus
Enthusiast - Level 1

ok well the next step would be removing bau account from phone then re adding. what device do you have. first make sure all your contacts are in you phone, double triple check.you always wanna make sure google is backing up you info as well, under settings theres an option for "back up and reset"   make sure back up my data is turned on , your google account is there and automatic restore is also checked. using verzions backup: you'll prob have to uninstall the app (app mangaer) then go to settings- accounts once in back up assistant plus, if you tap on the phone it should show you the last back up and if it was successful. but you will tap ur menu button while BackUp Assistant Plus to get its settings, and there should be an option to delete or remove account there. once that is done just shut you phone off.  go online and  go contacts and sync them . vzw will keep your old contacts as well.  it would be prefered if you would just wipe it out. turn your phone back on. and download the Cloud app, set up w/ your email, preferences  ect. when thats done go back thru the setting and make sure the backup assistance plus account is synced. and back up now, see if that works.....

0 Likes
saradocus
Enthusiast - Level 1

when you say there not showing up in backup do you mean when your on your computer at vzw.com/backupassistant? 

what android phone do you have

0 Likes
crossfire2007

Can you and I have a conversation? My cell is <<removed>>, I need to ask you some questions that would be easier to discuss than to type!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If any of your contacts are saved as Google contacts they will not be backed up through the Verizon Cloud/Backup Assistant. The Verizon option will only save contacts saved as "phone contacts".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
crossfire2007

So How do I create them as a Verizon contact instead of a google??

0 Likes
rtprhino
Enthusiast - Level 2

All my contacts suddenly disappeared also, and I went to back up and they were gone there also, then I clicked on the "trash" tab in the back up and there they all were.  So I had to move them all from trash back to contacts again (essentially undelete them) and then got the phone and the backup to sync again and they were back.  I had done nothing to delete all my contacts to start with.  I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

crossfire2007 wrote:

So How do I create them as a Verizon contact instead of a google??

There will be an option on the phone when you are creating the contact to choose where you want to save the information. Your Gmail address will be the Google contact. The phone only or Verizon backup assistant is linked to the Verizon Cloud/Backup Assistant.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes