Advise on Deleting Apps
ACHGAR45
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I am having a problem deleting apps from phone. I go into settings select application manager, select uninstall apps, select apps to uninstall but then the phone reboots and comes back on with apps still appearing.. please advise

Labels (1)
Re: Advise on Deleting Apps
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

What type phone do you have? Which apps are you trying to delete? Are you uninstalling straight from the app itself or are you using a app to try and uninstall them?

0 Likes
ACHGAR45
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an android V10. new phone came with game apps that I have no interest in. also some apps I have installed myself but would like to uninstall. I am trying to uninstall through settings also dragging into trash

BOJOLO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Depending on what type of phone you have, one of the easiest methods to delete an app, is just take your thumb and hold it over the particular app for about 3-5sec. then a small x will appear in the corner of the app and you just click the x. I would like to make you aware, some apps are programed into the phone, so you will not be able to remove certain apps.

bearone21
Legend

some you can remove, others you can only disable!!

boringusername
Master - Level 1

ACHGAR45 wrote:

I have an android V10. new phone came with game apps that I have no interest in. also some apps I have installed myself but would like to uninstall. I am trying to uninstall through settings also dragging into trash

You can't uninstall most pre-installed apps. You don't uninstall by dragging into trash that just removes them form the screen.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BOJOLO2 wrote:

Depending on what type of phone you have, one of the easiest methods to delete an app, is just take your thumb and hold it over the particular app for about 3-5sec. then a small x will appear in the corner of the app and you just click the x. I would like to make you aware, some apps are programed into the phone, so you will not be able to remove certain apps.

That description fits the method for an Apple device. It doesn't work like this for an Android device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I would check my phone for an app called DT Ignite. If you go into settings-application manager and tap the 3 dots on the right hand top side then tap show system apps. This app could be putting a lot of bloatware on your phone. You can not uninstall it but you can disable it.The best way to uninstall a app is by tapping the app that you want to uninstall and see if the app says that you can either uninstall it or just disable it.I am sure if you uninstall it from inside the app itself it will not be there once you reboot the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand the benefit of deleting unwanted applications off your phone, ACHGAR45. Having the device shut down after you attempt to remove an application is not ideal. Is this happening with the pre-installed applications or ones you downloaded from the Play Store? Also, what version of software do you have on your device? Use you can use the link below to view the software on your LG V10:
http://spr.ly/6584DZXn6

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes