Added MP3s not working in notifications folder
Tox

Hi,

I added a few MP3's from a site http://www.freesfx.co.uk/sfx

They only work as ringtones but will not work as notifications. I have the three folders- Ringtones, Notifications and Sounds, but there is no choice to "set as" notification" only Phone ringtone, Caller ringtone or Alarm tone. When I go thru settings/sound settings/notification ringtone they do show on the list, but even when chosen they do not play when I get a text message. I have also tried restarting. No luck.

Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Added MP3s not working in notifications folder
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

have you tried setting it in the text app settings?

0 Likes
Tox

Not quite sure where/what that is? How to navigate there?

Jeff

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You may need to reboot your phone before they show up in the ringtone picker lists.

0 Likes
Tox

Actually, they do show up, they just don't change when selected (in notifications). Even after restarting.

Jeff

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know which phone you have, so these steps may be slightly different depending on your phone.  Open your text message app, then try menu > settings and then look for a notification ringtone option.  Choose the ringtone you want and then it should ring whenever you have a text message.  If you've just been changing the notification ringer under Sound, that just changes the way notifications sound (like letting you know that the phone is fully charged).

0 Likes