cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

ASUS ROG Phone

UWZEROKOOL
Novice

Does anyone know if Verizon will be offering the Asus ROG phone? If no one knows, is there a place to request it?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Respuestas correctas

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

UWZEROKOOL
Novice

OMG FINALLY!!! I got us an asnwer via email!!!!

The executive department of Verizon IS working getting software made for the ASUS ROG to be compatible with Verizon networks!

They are also working on offering the ASUS ROG to Verizon customers! They do not have a time frame but IT IS getting worked on!!! : D

Yayyyyy!!!!!! Thank youuuuu Executive Department!

View solution in original post

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

UWZEROKOOL
Novice

So.... I reinquired with the executive department of Verizon... They actively tried to get ASUS to make the software to unlock VoLTE for Verizon networks for the ROG... Unfortunately, ASUS has rejected the request. So Verizon was willing but ASUS rejected. 

Given the circumstances of the actions, or lack thereof, of ASUS, I am not going to change networks just to get the phone. I think this was a pretty selfish act on ASUS and therefore they do not deserve my business. 

Thank you for attempting to work on it Verizon executive department. I greatly appreciate your time spent, man power, and resources used to give us a truthful answer. 

Still a bummer though.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

boringusername
Sr. Member

Phone arena says is does have bands 2,4,5 and 13. No CDMA but that's not an issue as long as it supports Verizon's VoLTE. I doubt Verizon will carry it anyway you'll probably have to buy it elsewhere to use on Verizon IF compatible

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

UWZEROKOOL
Novice

It says the phone is CDMA2000 Compatible in the network listing. ROG Phone | Phones | ASUS USA

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

boringusername
Sr. Member

Still need to VoLTE capable as CMDA is being shut down in 18 months anyway

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

UWZEROKOOL
Novice

That would be absolutely catastrophic to a lot of people though... Some people still use the old analog phones... You're saying that Verizon is going to make people upgrade or get service elsewhere?

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

UWZEROKOOL
Novice

Statistics say that 92% of customers use LTE, and the other 8% use the older network... Verizon has 145.72 million customers... That's 11.6 million customers they will be shutting out... Not to go off topic but what are they going to do for that 11.6 million customers?

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

boringusername
Sr. Member

UWZEROKOOL wrote:

That would be absolutely catastrophic to a lot of people though... Some people still use the old analog phones... You're saying that Verizon is going to make people upgrade or get service elsewhere?

No one uses analog phones. Analog was discontinued well over a decade ago.

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

boringusername
Sr. Member

UWZEROKOOL wrote:

Statistics say that 92% of customers use LTE, and the other 8% use the older network... Verizon has 145.72 million customers... That's 11.6 million customers they will be shutting out... Not to go off topic but what are they going to do for that 11.6 million customers?

146 million DEVICES not actual customers. And you're counting business/government customers as part of that. That's separate issue many of those customer still use CDMA IoT and mtm devices and Verizon will be keeping a small slice of that spectrum open for them.

The number of retail devices that are still CDMA only are closer to 8 million. Most of those are basic phones. Verizon stop selling CDMA only basic phones in January and only sells LTE basic phones now. After June 30 no new CDMA only devices will be allowed to be activated on the network. The ones already on can stay until Dec 31 2019. So the number of CDMA only devices that will still be on the network in 18 months will be very small

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's always exciting to get a new phone, UWZEROKOOL. This device has not been approved to use with our network. You can continue to check our website to see if this device will be compatible in the future. http://spr.ly/6581Dm2yf Are you experiencing any issues with your current device?

 

Gerson_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Re: ASUS ROG Phone

MATMUR16
Miembro

Update since the phone comes next week:


I spoke to level 2 techs from Verizon on this and the answer was "umm, 50/50 chance".  I was informed that tho its has the CDMA, that will no longer be used, so, thats not an option.  It will do GMA, but, thats not really a "supported" data/voice channel.

I was then provided the honest answer, and, expected: 
Wait until its out, see if people are able to get it on the network.  If so, buy it.  If not, dont.

I will assume the answer will be no, since, the phone is missing the Verizon name on it, and, all the bloat-ware they want to provide.  This maybe the reason i needed to move to, well, basically ANY other carrier.