APN setting
Fastford19

My HTC One max has trouble sending mms to some non verizon phones.   Verizon has replaced the phone and sim but the problem still exists.

I think my APN settings are not right and I cannot edit them.

The current APN has Mac 311, MN 480, and no Mms port set.

Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: APN setting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fastford19, I want to make sure that we get the MMS up and running ASAP. Are you using the default text message application on the phone or are you using a 3rd party application for text messages. Did you upgrade recently to the HTC One Max? If so, what kind of device did you have before? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fastford19

I upgraded about 7 months ago from a Druid Razor Max.  Never had this issue.

I first started using the stock messenger app and had the mms issue.  I've also tried GoSMS and Google Hangouts.   They all had the same issue.   I'm still using Google hangouts because it's quicker.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fastford19,

Thank you for the details. Have you noticed if those you are having issues sending MMS to are all on the same carrier? What exactly happens when you try to send the message? Is it delayed or do you receive an error message?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
Fastford19

My phone shows it sends.   The recipient will receive an error message (picture with a triangle with an orange exclamation point). 

It happens on both sprint and at&t randomly.   Sometimes they go through with some of my friends.  Other times it doesn't.  It never goes through with my brother (at&t).   Some of the people are using android and some are using iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fastford19,

Thanks for the additional info! Does your brother for example have any issues receiving text message from other Verizon Wireless users or just you? I would recommend downloading the Verizon Messages app from the Google Play Store to see if you get the same error message.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
Fastford19

My brother only has issues from me.  No issues with other verizon customers.

I just downloaded the Verizon message app.  The picture sent without any issues.

So..

Stock-no

Handsent-no

GoSMS-no

Hangouts - no

Verizon messages -  Yes

0 Likes
Fastford19

After a couple days,  the issue  happened with the Verizon message app as well.

Any suggestions.  Are  my APN settings correct?

0 Likes
Fastford19

This is a message I got after attempting to send a mms message to a buddy on At&t.

"One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your handset."

I can send that same message to someone different with At&t and it'll go through.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Fastford19!

We'll get to the bottom of this! Please clarify, your friend and your brother are having trouble receiving your messages? And they both have AT&T as a service provider?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes