AOL email will not sinc on Samsung Android. Can anyone help?
Bookingohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new android samsung and all of a sudden the new email will not come in (sync)  I have checked with Verizon Tech and AOL and neither have a solution.  Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AOL email will not sinc on Samsung Android. Can anyone help?
Tanooki2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem on my Galaxy Note II.  AOL email worked fine for about 20 days and now it rarely ever syncs.  In the research I've done online, I've found it to be a common problem and has something to do with the Mail app not working properly with AOL's servers.  There are other apps for Mail you can download from the Play Store that people have had success with.  I haven't tried this yet.  What I've been doing is using my Chrome browser to log into AOL.  AOL has a pretty good mobile interface.  You can also try forwarding all of your AOL email to your Gmail account. 

0 Likes
sfgent

having same problem and spent four hours on phone with level two verizon tech, then three hours in store and then got replacement phone which did the same thing. told it is now a known issue and aol is working on it.. gave me response that it will most likely not be repaired as verizon says its not there problem and aol is far too busy making money to solve the problem so we are stuck.. told me to use a work around and to put aol on as "other" carrier... but that does  not give instant e mail but requires refresehment each time you want to check if new mail has arrived. what a hopeless situation...if anyone can offer a better solution please let me know too

0 Likes
Bookingohio
Enthusiast - Level 2

At the Verizon store, one of the tech set up a new aol account on my phone as an app.  It is called a k-nine app and it brings in all my email.  It has been working fine for several days now.  They are aware of the issue and this is how they suggested correcting it.

Cheryl

Prov. 3: 5,6

>Personal info removed<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator