7.0 update to my Z Play Droid caused lag in my favorite game
Mazurka

Well this is annoying.  My phone downloaded the 7.0 update yesterday and installed it (was on Marshmellow before) and ever since that there is now a bit of extra lag in my favorite mobile game (Final Fantasy Record Keeper).  I didn't have these specific slowdowns before, these are new with the new OS update.  I am guessing it has something to do to the change with the WebView thingi on the phone, since that game uses WebView, but I can't really be sure.  Additionally, the new "split screen" feature that I don't want and never plan on using is messing with the game's UI alignment for some reason.

Unfortunately apparently I can't downgrade to the old version.  Through research I discovered even if I did a factory reset it wouldn't bring me back to the old version.  I am wondering if I take it into a Verizon store if there is any way THEY can downgrade it back to Marshmellow for me.  Either way this is kinda annoying.  This is exactly why I don't like forced updates.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 7.0 update to my Z Play Droid caused lag in my favorite game
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a system cache clear through the recovery menu yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mazurka

I did a cache clear of the game itself but not a system cache clear.  I'll do that and post back if it improves anything.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, not all developers release timely updates to their apps to keep up with OS upgrades, especially with major version jumps. You may want to contact the developer (the play store Page for the app should have contact info) and let them know the issues you are having.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

After your new download / upgrade was installed it may take more than 36 hours or so for the files and system to settle down. A large amount of old OS data has been removed. It has been replaced with the new OS and will be stored in certain folders areas, this takes a period of time to regroup and can slow down/or cause temp problems in your system. The cache clear while a good idea in most cases may cause your problem to last longer as it requires more file moving. I would go with demmo86rt and make than aware of your issue.

0 Likes
Mazurka

Unfortunately looks like the cache clear didn't work.  As for the other suggestions, i'll contact the developer to let them know, however 7.0 isn't really a new OS update, it's more accurate to say that it's new for the Z Play Droid that I have, 7.0 has been out for quite a while as far as I can tell through research. 

I bought this phone brand new a month ago, and this game, the starbucks app, and the facebook app is all I ever installed on it.   I'm not a heavy user of apps, so it's not a memory or space issue.   As for the 36 hour thing, I'll wait another day and see if it improves.  As well as the Dev thing, if neither help I will see about if someone at the VZ store is able to restore the phone to the OS it was came with when I bought it brand new a month ago.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Because you done a cache clear you may want to wait a couple of days for all to return to norm. Also I would remove the game apps and see if phone return to a normal working condition. Apps can cause trouble with new operating system if the apps are not updated to the new OS. Keep posting so we may help if still needed. 

0 Likes
Mazurka

The phone actually works perfectly, and I don't get any slowdowns in the Starbucks or Facebook app, it's just this one that has the random slowdowns.   Either way i'll try those suggestions as well.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You may just need that app updated if one is available, give it a try and go for it.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They won't be able to roll back the OS version.  You could also try a factory data reset, but that will remove all your data and you will have to set the phone up again.

0 Likes