64gb Sandisk microSDXC in Razr M?
Vorizen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can this card work in the Razr M?  If so, how?  When I install the card and select Mount SD Card, there is a message that says "Blank SD Card."  The options to unmount or erase are not available.  I've tried two of these SD cards in two different Razr Ms with the same results.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 64gb Sandisk microSDXC in Razr M?
Tidbits
Legend

You need a computer and reformat it to FAT if I remember correctly.

0 Likes
Vorizen
Enthusiast - Level 2

It took a while, but I figured it out.  After installing the SD card, if one swipes down from the top row of icons, then the option to erase/format the SD card appears.  It would be nice if one could also get there from the Settings/Storage menu.

0 Likes
Dorkmaster
Contributor - Level 2

I did not think you could put a SD card of that capacity, I thought we were limited to 32 gig.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can if you use the right format.

0 Likes
whbrittain

I had problems with my 64Gb card as well. It would not format on my PC with FAT32.  I then put it in my Razr M and went to the storage app.  I scrolled down to the card then swiped down from the top of the screen and got the format card message.  I formatted it and now only have to wait a bit over 2 hours for my 395 albums to load from my PC.  BTW.  I have to upload from my PC through the USB cable.  My PC won't recognize the formatting.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes