Re: 4.4.2 broke my wi-fi
gwenn666
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI, to those following this thread, I contacted Verizon tech support by phone and was told this was Motorola's problem (since a factory reset did not help and my phone is not covered by Verizon warranty or insurance).  Off to go see what Motorola can tell me...

0 Likes
MT14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the information!  Please let us know what you find out from Motorola.

0 Likes
dvhouten
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same Bluetooth/WIFI issue.  Telling us it is a Motorola issue  and to take it up with them is like the dealer telling me it is a Chevrolet issue and to call Detroit!  I didn't buy the car from GM, I bought it from the local dealer and they need to support it by dealing with GM on my behalf.  Verizon, do the right thing a get a fix for this and don't point fingers at Motorola.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gwenn666, I am so sorry about that. I am now currently following you. I would love for you to private message me so we can review your replacement options.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Salmonerd,

Lets check into these Wifi issues. Have you removed and readded the Wifi connection to see if it will stay connected while Bluetooth is on? Settings>Wifi>Tap on Wifi Connection>Forget. Is the device not able to use Wifi when it is connected to another device via bluetooth or the setting is just on?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

msrkfixit1,

I can understand how irritating it can be to not be able to use your device fully. Have you tried to text your device in "Safe Mode" to see if it still has the issue connecting to Wifi when bluetooth is off?
http://vz.to/1kc1WjY

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
gwenn666
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okaaaayyyyy!  At the instruction of Verizon, I called Motorola and spoke with Level 2 support.  First they advised to set the phone wifi settings to 5ghz only and adjust router setting to auto.  However, my router (regular ol' Netgear WPN824v3) only broadcasts on 2.4ghz.  Motorola tried to tell me that the Kitkat upgrade rendered my router incompatible.  Well, that's just not true since my SO has an identical Razr M with the upgrade who can connect just fine.

After explaining that, the rep said my only other option was to do a factory reset.  Since I already did that last night (with no improvement), the rep ordered a replacement for my phone.  So!  If your phone is not covered under Verizon warranty or insurance and none of the solutions have helped, call Motorola and demand a replacement.

Hopefully this was helpful.

SCM600

I'm seeing the same issue here. After the 4.4.2 update I started to see Droid Razr M WiFi problems (not connecting, randomly dropping connections) at a few locations where it used to work before. Disabling Bluetooth immediately brings back WiFi, and re-enabling Bluetooth kills WiFi again. I'm amazed that such a problem wasn't picked up by testing - please provide a fix ASAP.

UPDATE - forcing WiFi to only use the 5GHZ band seems to resolve the problem (i.e. both BT and WiFi can be enabled and work at the same time).

0 Likes
zed58

same problem here with RazrM.  the only way I can get wifi connected is to turn off bluetooth or toggle airplane mode on/off.  What is Verizon and Motorola doing to resolve?

0 Likes
weendoggy

Some of you are lucky. I've tried everything listed on this thread along with several others and can't get it to work. WiFi is o.k, but not as good as before. BT is GONE! Even the V store said "that's strange", like they've never heard of this. Someone knows something and isn't telling us what to do.  So I have a phone that works but no BT and WiFi??

0 Likes