Re: Why Buy A Droid over an IPhone
whit66

I noticed you mentioned about downloading apps on  a weekly basis, are you implying that if you buy the Moto Droid you will have to download apps?

0 Likes
Not applicable

You don't have to, but why wouldn't you?  There are a lot of nice apps out there.  It would be like buying a new computer and never buying any software for it.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jimfitzgerald wrote:

You don't have to, but why wouldn't you?  There are a lot of nice apps out there.  It would be like buying a new computer and never buying any software for it.

Agreed there are a lot of nice apps out there that deserve the money. At first I wouldn't spend any money on any of the apps. When one of my favoriate game came to the market (Diner Dash 2) you had to pay for it, so I forked over $2 & paid for it. I also bought What The Doodle! recently. Worth the money.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have a bunch of apps, but I've only paid for 2 or 3.

0 Likes
rick4mary

If Apple and Verizon would come to terms, all this discussion would be over and we would all be happy.  I am eagerly, patiently waiting for the day I can have an iPhone with Verizon service.  

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

rick4mary wrote:

If Apple and Verizon would come to terms, all this discussion would be over and we would all be happy.  I am eagerly, patiently waiting for the day I can have an iPhone with Verizon service.  

Happy? Not me personally. I would much rather stick to the Android devices.

0 Likes
Not applicable

rick4mary wrote:

If Apple and Verizon would come to terms, all this discussion would be over and we would all be happy.  I am eagerly, patiently waiting for the day I can have an iPhone with Verizon service. "

"You would be happy," not "we would be happy."

0 Likes
Kitten_Call

Hmmm quite possibly my favorite post and my last reply ... so I will try to give this reply with sincere intent and thought.

Still on my 30 days - read a few comments, not sure what is so logical about the iPhone? Although I do think it is the only comparative choice to the Droid. Blackberry is all business, correct? So I do not think it is comparative.

OK - so what's the very thing I see iPhone try to sell in their commercials/ads and when I ask my friends? ( I have the iTouch) - Hmmm...Oh yeah.......Games! Addictive games! lol

Yep - that's a deal breaker for me. I think it is very important I can play a game of solitare (or whatever) while I am waiting for something (that's of course if I am sitting down). Hmmm - Maybe if I was age 12-25 this might be a deal breaker and I might actually use it. Nope.

OK - all I can say is if you know how to use a computer you can use a Droid. Pretty simple. Yes, I have found some things. Some apps are more complicated than I need - so I look for simpler ones. Ironically, many times these things get fixed before I even get around to thinking about it. I recall having one problem with the alarm clock and not being able to turn off, but the functions changed almost the next day - kinda freeaky, eh - lol

Possibly the only issue I might have at this point are the browser choices, I'd prefer something a bit less complicated. But it is not enough for me to throw in the towel at this point, as it appears to have improved over time. I am not very fickle, norover demanding for complicated things. Just keep up with the high quality and thoughtful responsiveness with results and all is good on my end.

Google is taking a beting right now - I am sure it is politically (from a corporate perspective) driven to bash their decision in the Media and up comes Jobs about something else new. Even if I am not sure if I agree 100% with their decision, they stood up for what they believed in and ironically stood up to a real and true Force to be reconded with that did a pretty lame job of responding to the needs of the American people. I guess when you get that big.....you tend to bully? (joke). Hey - I actually understand their issues and respect their censorship requests, but I have a feeling that they will meet once again at the table and come to an agreement. Either way - LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS [edit] - OKAY?

{word filter avoidance}

I have a life to go to...

Enjoy 

0 Likes
bob88884

You are kidding about no dropped calls right?

I have dropped so many calls since I went with Verizon it's unreal, I should have never left T-Mobile

0 Likes
kneffscribe

Right now I am wishing I bought the iphone.  The simple functions....call, text, re-dial (even lock, with that microscopic button on the top right) are totally frustrating me.  I feel like my phone is too smart for me...grr.  Smiley Sad

Can you advise on these simple functions...my Voyager was so much better in these simple commands.  Thanks.

0 Likes